I thought of some crazy ideas on different ways to trade Pokemon.

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
What if instead of only trading pokemon with another pokemon, you can trade a pokemon with 2 or more pokemon?

What if you can trade 1 or more pokemon for cash?

What if you can trade a pokemon for a PTBNL, which stands for, "Pokemon to be named later"?

What if instead of only trading pokemon with another pokemon, you can trade a pokemon with 2 or more pokemon?
I actually like this idea. Trading one legendary for maybe a small collection of rarer Pokémon for dex completion, for example. Would add more diversity to the GTS rather than just legend-for-legend trading.
What if you can trade 1 or more pokemon for cash?
Oh lawd I hope not. It'd be useful for players like us but kids could be super easily exploited if this is in-game.
What if you can trade a pokemon for a PTBNL, which stands for, "Pokemon to be named later"?
I think that would be a good addition. Maybe GF could make it so that you can name a traded Pokémon, just not rename one. So if the Pokémon hasn't already got a nickname, it's free for you to customise!

I think there should be a trade evolution feature, where two trades with the same Pokémon occur in quick succession and neither player has the opportunity to back out once the trade has begun, so that they can't steal the Pokémon you've traded. A lot of players don't have Pokémon-playing friends or even friends with a 3DS they could borrow, so this would be so nice for those players! :D

These trade types sound too much like we're treating Pokemon like professional sports players (in this case being professional baseball players with package deals and trades involving cash).

Same thing with the "Pokemon to be named later", which often is the case with trades in the MLB; one player isn't completely revealed until after the trade happens.

I mean, these ideas could work; but then there's the portion of the Pokemon-playing demographic who won't understand the intricacies of a trading system like this, (Remember, these are going to be 10/11 year old kids; not like the GM of the Toronto Blue Jays) and get fleeced out of trading their best/prized Pokemon, for what in essence; a box of Cracker Jack.

Back