Collecting I think I've discovered something about ADP.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
When looking at my GXs, I've always felt that my Arceus, Dialga & Palkia GX looked somewhat more... subdued than my other GXs. And today I just found out why. My copy of ADP came out of a Zacian V League Battle Deck, which also featured two Zacian V. Now, I'm sure that Pokemon prints the cards in decks in special batches, which is why decks usually have non-holo versions of Holo Rares. This would be for the purpose of efficient mass production; in other words, so that Pokemon isn't having to print cards on multiple different types of holosheets. Having them use the same holosheet would allow Pokemon to print these cards on the same sheets or using the same tooling. Now, with the Reshiram & Charizard GX and Pikachu & Zekrom GX league battle decks, both the GXs and the Prism Stars share the Sunlava holosheet (both in the decks and in the tcg at large), but while ADP uses Sunlava, Zacian V doesn't, so Pokemon just printed ADP on the same holosheet as Zacian V. To test this theory, I compared my ADP to my Rayquaza GX (my other Dragon type GX), and my Zacian V from the same box (since I didn't have a Dragon type V). The holosheet on Zacian V matches more than the one on Rayquaza GX.
Now, I checked TCGPLAYER to see if they recognize this print difference. Since the V Battle ADP was exclusive to the Zacian V League Battle Deck, it would appear on TCGPLAYER as a listing with the same stock photo (or perhaps a scan) but described as a "Deck Exclusive" (in its description and also possibly in its name). No such product exists. I have yet to conduct additional research to see what other people have said about this card, but if TCGPLAYER doesn't know it exists, chances are very few people know it exists. I'm interested to see where this story goes.

Back