Discussion I Hope Gardevoir Gets Banned. I Seriously think it's too Overpowered.

Seastrome

Aspiring Trainer
I can't even beat it with Metagross which is supposed to be an auto win. Pretty much says it all right there. I pulled Gardevoirs out of the box I got a while back but probably am just gonna trade them because I never have any luck with that deck. I always whiff energies, etc for knock outs and mirror matches are impossible to win.

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Newgaleo will solve that.
And why would they ban it? Mega mewtwo was better anyway and that wasn’t banned.

I dont know what to say.......

You saying that you cant even beat it with Metagross and that it should be "banned" really tells something about you and your mindset.

Luciagelt

Aspiring Trainer
Gardivoir is a very low skill deck. IN the mirror match it is who is more skilled with the deck. If you can't beat it with Metagross it can mean two things. They are either extremely good, OR your bad. Hate to say it but Thats about it for Gardivoir.

Vuurdraak

Aspiring Trainer
I disagree, not only because I'm a Gardevoir-GX player myself but also because it isn't as straightforward as it seems. It may seem that way to players that use the same deck each time, because depending on the way it's played, it potentially has an answer to every matchup. And each of those matchups is played differently, but the most effective against each.

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
how does it beat Metagross?, unless Gardivoir is running a build based to tech against it, Metagross is 70-30 in favor of Metagross. Anyways it doesn't create and unfair or unhealthy meta game like other banned cards that made the game un-fun

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
This notion is ridiculous. The meta is the healthiest it has been for years. The fact that you are extremely salty about a certain deck doesn't mean it should be banned. It's a perfectly balanced Stage 2 deck, it just happens to currently beat the most decks.

But seriously, how do you lose to Gardevoir with Metagross? Gardy needs 9 Energy to one hit you and you one hit them! Please explain.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
And anyway, it will be pointless to ban because it won't be around for much longer. It will become instantly unplayable with the release of SM5 Solgaleo-GX, just like Mega Mewtwo with the release of Trashalanche and Turbo Dark with the release of Gardevoir-GX itself.

Seastrome

Aspiring Trainer
Gardivoir is a very low skill deck. IN the mirror match it is who is more skilled with the deck. If you can't beat it with Metagross it can mean two things. They are either extremely good, OR your bad. Hate to say it but Thats about it for Gardivoir.
Nope, you're wrong. I had a very slow start but I was able to get somewhat setup. My opponent had EVERYTHING to win. Plea GX, energies galore, N, etc, etc. I'm not bad because I have an 80% win with Volcanion and a 75% win rate with Golisopod. Gardevoir is bad for the game because if you dead draw, you lose to it.

I used Gardevoir for a league cup and I dead drew against a Ho-Oh Kiawe turn 1, and dead drew vs Golisopod where he Guzma'd every turn to pick off my set up Kirlias. But I'm sure i'm "Bad" because I should've shuffled better or something. Please refrain from ever saying someone is bad unless you know the whole story.

Seastrome

Aspiring Trainer
I dont know what to say....

You saying that you cant even beat it with Metagross and that it should be "banned" really tells something about you and your mindset.

Yeah, how am I supposed to win when my Rare candied Metagrosses get plea GXed? Not my fault my opponents get godly hands and I don't/

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
by playing around plea gx?
anyways, the fact you are good with one deck doesn't mean you are good at all decks

Seastrome

Aspiring Trainer
by playing around plea gx?
There was no way to play around it and I had to get set up or risk losing my Beldums. Either way, it's just overpowered of a deck. Gardevoir even has Plea/Parelel now with the Sylveons. Please tell me how this is "balanced" and "healthy" for the format... It's hard to recover from shit like that, especially if you're Volcanion.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Nope, you're wrong. I had a very slow start but I was able to get somewhat setup. My opponent had EVERYTHING to win. Plea GX, energies galore, N, etc, etc. I'm not bad because I have an 80% win with Volcanion and a 75% win rate with Golisopod. Gardevoir is bad for the game because if you dead draw, you lose to it.

I used Gardevoir for a league cup and I dead drew against a Ho-Oh Kiawe turn 1, and dead drew vs Golisopod where he Guzma'd every turn to pick off my set up Kirlias. But I'm sure i'm "Bad" because I should've shuffled better or something. Please refrain from ever saying someone is bad unless you know the whole story.
So you're saying Garde should be banned because if you brick against it and they god draw you lose?

:thinking:

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
there are a lot of ways to beat Gardivoir, you can N to stop their setup, run Mimacue to KO them,(I assume we are talking about Meatgross)

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
And anyway, it will be pointless to ban because it won't be around for much longer. It will become instantly unplayable with the release of SM5 Solgaleo-GX, just like Mega Mewtwo with the release of Trashalanche and Turbo Dark with the release of Gardevoir-GX itself.
Um no your wrong garb is a great card that can beat anything and can be splashed in allot so of course it killed mewtwo. Solgaleo is just one deck that won't make nearly the same impact as garb. By your logic in fact golisopod should be worthless cuz volcanion and volcanion should be worthless cuz gardevoir and both of decks have won major tournaments

Seastrome

Aspiring Trainer
So you're saying Garde should be banned because if you brick against it and they god draw you lose?

:thinking:
there are a lot of ways to beat Gardivoir, you can N to stop their setup, run Mimacue to KO them,(I assume we are talking about Meatgross)

I did not have those cards at the time. Metagross is just slower than Gardevoir and you have to get at least 2 out to have a chance to take them out. But now they use Sylveons so it makes things tougher. The matchup is more 50-50 now because of Plea/Parallel.

Blakers

Holder of the Holy Diamond!

So, my understanding is that you lose to it, but can't win with it; therefore, it should be banned? There are plenty of ways to counter Gardevoir-GX.

Nyora

A Cat
Here’s the thing, your saying gardevoir GX should be banned because your unlucky. That’s bad logic. It’s not going to get banned because people are getting unlucky, it’s part of the game! Idk your skill level, I hope it’s very high, but every player has bad luck, and that doesn’t justify banning the cards that player lost too.