I have an idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather hear some ideas for activities we could base around different Pokemon, Pokemon types, themes, etc. Weekly activities, even. Instead of just saying a date and a Pokemon. I saw some good suggestions, just we're not even to the point to decide on dates yet.

Well, there was a "Pokemon of the Week" article featured in some crazy e-magazine published by PB a long time ago...

Other than that, something like a PB PokeDex project would be fun, where we get different members to write unique Pokedex entries for a random Pokemon. They could range from informative, creative, or just plain humorous. Who knows.

Create a Pokedex entry, huh? Might actually be interesting to see what people come up with. Of course, it shall be inferior to DNA-Dex.
Thing about doing an X of the Week is there needs to be someone actually able and willing to do that. I mean, if someone is, then yeah, totally go for it.

I'd rather hear some ideas for activities we could base around different Pokemon, Pokemon types, themes, etc. Weekly activities, even. Instead of just saying a date and a Pokemon. I saw some good suggestions, just we're not even to the point to decide on dates yet.

Sounds like a job for the Creative Works Department! ...no seriously, that kinda sounds like it'd be their spiel. It might be interesting to see a Pokemon of the Week thing going on, but that needs to be actually kept up and maintained, which is the really tricky part. Definitely a possibility, though, and I wouldn't discount it.

Well, how about Pokemon weeks like I suggested earlier? Maybe each day there would be 2 or 3 trivia questions about that Pokemon.

For example, let's say The second week of May is raichu like raichugirl said. There would be 2-3 trivia questions each day about that Pokemon. There would be 2 easy and 1 hard one. For example, an easy one.

Which Pokemon Below has the same typing as Raichu?
Heliopitile
Darkrai
Jolteon
Joltik

EDIT: New Calender

The last week of January - Servine
The second week of Febuary- Fletchling
The third week of March- Areodactyl
The second week of April-Regigigas
The second week of May- Raichu
The first week of June- Eevee
The third week of July- Volcarona
The second week of September- Scraggy
The second week of October- Nidoking
The second week of November- Saybeleye
The fourth week of December- Delibird

Also WPM said not that long ago when the first english plasma freeze scans were revealed.
WPM said:
Today is Exeggute Day!

Hmmmmmm

Reggie McGigas said:
My idea:

What if once a month we had Pokemon days or Pokemon weeks! The banner could be replaced by a picture or collage of that Pokemon, and the colors of the page would be recolored to that Pokemon. Example: May 17th is Seedot Day, June 5th is Skarmory Day, Febuary 24th is Yveltal Day, etc. There will only be one pokemon day or pokemon week per month. This would make Pokebeach and the fourms a little more fun :)

Just an idea.

How would it be "a little more fun"?

Reggie McGigas said:
Well, how about Pokemon weeks like I suggested earlier? Maybe each day there would be 2 or 3 trivia questions about that Pokemon.

For example, let's say The second week of May is raichu like raichugirl said. There would be 2-3 trivia questions each day about that Pokemon. There would be 2 easy and 1 hard one. For example, an easy one.

Heliopitile
Darkrai
Jolteon
Joltik

I'm sorry, but that is stupid. We aren't little kids that can't answer Who's that Pokemon anymore. I'd rather not have these weekly Pokemon crap. Pokebeach is fine the way it is, and if you don't think it's fun, go join another forum. I kinda wanna see what Shining Raikou was originally planning to do.
/rant

Reggie McGigas said:
Heliopitile
Darkrai
Jolteon
Joltik

Darkrai, maybe? I honestly don't know.
But the idea of a calendar for certain Pokemon is pointless. Already I see people using their birthday and favorite Pokemon, and it does nothing to contribute to Pokebeach or make Pokebeach more fun. I say no to this gimmick.

Bo$$_89 said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Heliopitile
Darkrai
Jolteon
Joltik

I'm sorry, but that is stupid. We aren't little kids that can't answer Who's that Pokemon anymore. I'd rather not have these weekly Pokemon crap. Pokebeach is fine the way it is, and if you don't think it's fun, go join another forum. I kinda wanna see what Shining Raikou was originally planning to do.
/rant

@Boss
Well, THAT was rude...

Thanks for your opinion, but seriously. Cmon now. I know we aren't little kids, but many people are liking this. I also said that I wanted to see what Shining Raikou was going to do as well, and SR didn't say he would do this AT ALL. As I said before this is just an idea, and theres a 98.5% chance this won't happen. Please don't rant over nothing. Also, if you are going to rant please at least have some evidence to back up why we shouldn't have this instead of what we have now instead of opinion. Thanks.

@Familiar
It would be fun to have something to look at or a cool activity I guess. Like I said many times before it's just an idea and I'm not saying it has to be done. If you have something negative to say , post it but don't be a bo$$_89

@papuzka
Who says weeks are restricted to one pokemon? ;)

Amphy23 said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Heliopitile
Darkrai
Jolteon
Joltik

Darkrai, maybe? I honestly don't know.
But the idea of a calendar for certain Pokemon is pointless. Already I see people using their birthday and favorite Pokemon, and it does nothing to contribute to Pokebeach or make Pokebeach more fun. I say no to this gimmick.

At least you aren't Bo$$89

You don't have to agree with what I'm saying. Thanks for posting your idea in a civilized manner.

Maybe you should post a suggestion to improve it to something you'd like?

In conclusion, I agree with what SR said. Lets post some ideas then we should move on to the dates.

Reggie McGigas said:
Thanks for your opinion, but seriously. Cmon now. I know we aren't little kids, but many people are liking this. I also said that I wanted to see what Shining Raikou was going to do as well, and SR didn't say he would do this AT ALL. As I said before this is just an idea, and theres a 98.5% chance this won't happen. Please don't rant over nothing. Also, if you are going to rant please at least have some evidence to back up why we shouldn't have this instead of what we have now instead of opinion. Thanks.

There are better options out there for improvement of the forums other than silly trivia. Don't write someone off as rude just because their opinion differs from yours.

We can all discuss our ideas in a civilized manner. If someone wants to make a case for a calendar, let them. Have your own opposing viewpoint in response without disrespect, please. I'm looking at things from all angles for this, so don't be afraid to put your wild and crazy ideas out there. You can suggest an idea around older games, a character, a type of character, a movie, anything you think would be fun to do!

The reason I haven't spilled all of the beans about this project, is because I want you guys to discuss your ideas in an open forum first. I want to hear from you and see what you want. Rather than me tell you what I have been working on and that's it. The actual activities, themes and such are still being worked out, so this is pretty open to changes right now. It's flexible and I want the members to tell me which way we should bend it. I saw a good idea pitched about creating our own PokeDex entries, and that's definitely a possibility for something fun we could do.

Some Loser said:
Reggie McGigas said:

There are better options out there for improvement of the forums other than silly trivia. Don't write someone off as rude just because their opinion differs from yours.

Well, I'm sorry. If they are ranting all over it, it is most likely them being rude. He even wrote /rant on it and didn't really back up his opinion with facts. In the case of others who disagreed like Amphy, they seemed more civilized and thought out, so I accepted their opinion.

Also, my trivia was just an example. Your create a dex entry seemed really good. Maybe there can be a CAC for that particular Pokemon for all those fakers out there. Again, just an idea. You don't have to like it.

Also I would like SR's post but it wouldn't let me :p

You don't have to get so pissed at me. Seriously, you've been here for two months and you're already saying we're not fun enough. I have my "evidence" and my "facts", I was trying to make a point. This is a bad idea. We just became a PG 13 forum in November. This kind of trivia and such is just going to bring down our forum's image. I like that we're actually a more mature forum, and I'd rather not have these kid things bring us down.

I agree with Bo$$, he wasn't attacking you personally, just your thoughts about this. Reggie McGigas, however, has seemed to attack Bo$$ himself.

Anyways.

I don't like any of the ideas that have been mentioned in this thread. I just want to know what SR is planning to do :)

When I saw this title all I could think was:

mqdefault.jpg

Anyways, Sept. 14 = Mudkip. Case closed bring in the dancin' lobsters.

Settle down, settle down; I am Judge Trudy.

Maybe there can be a CAC for that particular Pokemon for all those fakers out there. Again, just an idea. You don't have to like it.
A month full of nothing but Darkrai cards? That'd be boring! Too much overlap and not enough variety. I know you mean well, but I don't think it needs to get too more specific than type.

However, I am looking for ideas on what to do next year for CAC (if all goes well I'd like to keep doing it even in 2014), so if you have any others, I'd love to hear them.

SheNinja said:
I agree with Bo$$, he wasn't attacking you personally, just your thoughts about this. Reggie McGigas, however, has seemed to attack Bo$$ himself.Anyways.

I don't like any of the ideas that have been mentioned in this thread. I just want to know what SR is planning to do :)

And you are saying this because....you think I'm new?

However Bo$$, thanks for posting why you disagreed to me. I was kinda mad cause you ranted for no reason. Let's put this past us.

Also, what are your suggestions to what we should do IF this were to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back