I hate N.

Mudkip711

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I wake up in the mornin' feelin like P. Diddy and get ready for the tournament. I was up until 1am deciding what to play. I decide to play everyone's favorite deck, Durant. I borrow and lot of stuff from Carl, Henry, and Matt. BTW Henry, you never got your Rotom back from me. We get to the event and there are like 61 Masters. :/ Also, it was so packed that our TO had to flight rounds. We get our pairings and I'm playing Jim Tredway.

Me Durant vs. Jim Tredway MagEel

I don't remember this game that well, but all I remember is that he did not draw well at all. I got all four Durant on the first or second turn. I Catchered a lot of Eels and things on his bench, so he couldn't retreat. Eventually, I ended up decking him. 1-0

Me Durant vs. Joe Paul "Aquaman" Durant

So I'm playing mirror. :/ I get a huge break here after we both find out two of his Ants were prized. I didn't start with an energy, so I pass for like two turns until I get an energy. By the time I get an energy, he still has only two Ants. I keep milling, and it's too late for him. 2-0

Me Durant vs. Matt Nawal Chandelure w/ Friends

He goes first and gets Ghastly (for Durant) and the standard Chandelure stuff; Litwick, Doduo, Oddish. I Catcher up Doduo and Devour. Rare Candy, Gengar, and 2 other random cards. He draws and passes. The Doduo is stuck there for a couple more turns and in that time I discard two more Rare Candy. The other one is prized so he never got out a Plume. I Devour the last of his cards for the win. 3-0

Me Durant vs. Connor Nealer MagEel

Like last round, I couldn't get an energy. Luckily for me, who couldn't get any either. He Nd (iirc) and I got the energy I needed, but he still didn't set up. Like previous games, he got set way too late to even try to make a comeback. 4-0

Me Durant vs. Chris Nagel Chandelure

He doesn't play the trainer-lock version so I'm happy. I start with a lone Durant, and of course I don't get another basic. He just kills my lone Ant with placing damage. 4-1

Me Durant vs. Carl Scheu MagEel

I'm bored of typing already, so I'll just keep this as short as possible. He obviously knows this matchup, which is to get out Zekrom and KO with that. He kills my Pokemon twice with Eelektrik and a couple times with Zekrom. Not much to do here. 4-2

We go and get Taco Bell, and I found out that I made Top 8 as 7th seed. I'd have to play Jake Hanna who was playing Zekrom/Tornadus/Eel.

Me Durant vs. Jake Hanna ZTE

I (of course) go second and start milling turn one. Both games are similar. He can't get any energy, and I just Catcher spam most of the stuff he puts on his bench. He played like 3 PONTs and still didn't set up. I don't even think he took a prize either game. 5-2

Me Durant vs. Jimmy O'Brien LaKE

I don't want to type much about this. He Gaia Hammers to put damage on Reshiram then Outrage KOs a lot. He won the first game, I won the second (he couldn't hit anything good), and he won the third game with an N. He had like 2 cards left in deck and Nd away a hand of 8 or so. 5-3

So I end up in fourth place and /finally/ get some Championship Points.

Good job on fourth place! Nice job with Durant too! :D

Wow eight rounds, sounds like a lot of fun!

Shadowwiidragon said:
Good job on fourth place! Nice job with Durant too! :D

Wow eight rounds, sounds like a lot of fun!

The first couple of times it is, but then it gets really annoying staying until 7 to 8 for Swiss.

EonEye99 said:
Cool! Durant's pretty fun! Too bad you got Ned into a suckish hand...

I didn't get Nd into a bad hand, he just Nd away a lot of cards for very little, causing him to will by a turn or two.

Wow, Jimmy did that well. I'm surprised see as how he had an issue with not listing Junk Arms on his decklist and therefore had to replace them with Energy...

Muddy68 said:
Wow, Jimmy did that well. I'm surprised see as how he had an issue with not listing Junk Arms on his decklist and therefore had to replace them with Energy...

Seeing as he is running Electrode, energy actually help him. He also put in 4 fire for the Junk Arms. Fire + Reshiram =/= good for the two Durant in Top 4 and Top 2.

Mudkip711 said:
The first couple of times it is, but then it gets really annoying staying until 7 to 8 for Swiss.

I didn't get Nd into a bad hand, he just Nd away a lot of cards for very little, causing him to will by a turn or two.

Yeah, well, whatever. The first part of my comment still stands.

EonEye99 said:
Yeah, well, whatever. The first part of my comment still stands.

That's true! I love hitting heads on Crushing Hammer. The only thing I hate is when your opponent knows how to play the match, so they don't make any mistakes.

^ Yeah, Durant can win, but it has a pretty tough time. Crushing Hammers, lol, and Catchers. The ultamite troll deck.

Back