Discussion I Fight Alone! Lucario anti meta?

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
With the huge surge of high bench count decks is Lucario potentially a really good anti-meta deck? I'm thinking here about mixing Fight Alone Luc, and the newer Luc from BUS as a stall tactic. If you're stilling to give up the bench space (and therefore some damage) you could run a line of Dusknoir too to keep your opponent from holding pokemon. You'd probably need a good splashable attacker too that could help you close out in the late game (maybe run rainbows and Garbodor?).

Tool wise you could run Choice Band and easily hit 180 with just a 2 bench difference, though you could also use XP share or maybe Baton to make your bench setup easier. Tapu Koko promo could be used to soften up their bench. Rescue Stretchers make stringing attackers somewhat easier as well.

Just wondering what this forum thinks about this deck as a possible rogue option?

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
I really like the idea with lots of T1 Brigette decks and you definetly can win some matches with it (especially Gardevoir and A-Ninetales). It is not a tier 1 deck, but I'd give it a try. Dusknoir is too inconsistent, I don't recommend to use it.

Rcmaddox

Aspiring Trainer
I played this deck last season when M Rey was popular. It was a lot of fun. But I was able to make use of robosubs and unown. If you played it now, I think draw power would be a problem and also discarding your bench. Maybe run a 3 count of parallel City so you can still get a nice set up then discard so Pokemon. I'd probably also use a Skyla engine instead of sycamore. And I think it would have to be paired with another early game attacker bc only having 1 benched Pokemon could be really dangerous. Just my thoughts.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
I am running Parallel City/Sky Field with Ninja Boy, Unown/Shaymin and Rescue Stretcher as a draw engine. I use Sky field early to expand my bench and draw with the help of Ultra ball and Shaymins. Then, i shrink my bench with Parallel. I use Ninja Boy in order to recycle Shaymin's (Ninja Boy Shaymin into Unown to free bench space and be able to reuse Shaymin witrh Ultra ball). I use rescue Stretcher to bring Shaymin's back from my discard pile and draw some more. I am assured i always have space on my bench thanks to Ninja Boy and Unown. Sounds like a gimmick but it actually works pretty fine in my case.

I do not know how this would work in your case but maybe you could experiment using that kind of engine or something similar. Maybe not including the Sky field part if you are showing off that Lucario but... This is just theorycrafting but we all know even the worst ideas at first sight can sometimes bring some brilliant ideas.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
I am running Parallel City/Sky Field with Ninja Boy, Unown/Shaymin and Rescue Stretcher as a draw engine. I use Sky field early to expand my bench and draw with the help of Ultra ball and Shaymins. Then, i shrink my bench with Parallel. I use Ninja Boy in order to recycle Shaymin's (Ninja Boy Shaymin into Unown to free bench space and be able to reuse Shaymin witrh Ultra ball). I use rescue Stretcher to bring Shaymin's back from my discard pile and draw some more. I am assured i always have space on my bench thanks to Ninja Boy and Unown. Sounds like a gimmick but it actually works pretty fine in my case.

I do not know how this would work in your case but maybe you could experiment using that kind of engine or something similar. Maybe not including the Sky field part if you are showing off that Lucario but... This is just theorycrafting but we all know even the worst ideas at first sight can sometimes bring some brilliant ideas.

I don't play expanded.