Help I don't know what to play

SuperTrainerSamYT

Aspiring Trainer
Recently, I have been practicing for a local league cup, and I have been planing on playing my trusty yveltal ex/garbodor deck. however, while practicing on PTCGO, have have been losing to gx decks like umbreon gx and lapras gx. so do you think it would be a safe move to play yveltal? please help me :0

Recently, I have been practicing for a local league cup, and I have been planing on playing my trusty yveltal ex/garbodor deck. however, while practicing on PTCGO, have have been losing to gx decks like umbreon gx and lapras gx. so do you think it would be a safe move to play yveltal? please help me :0
I have no idea what your local meta is, but do you play tauros GX?

Yveltal is still an incredibly strong archetype that gives you 50/50 or better matchups pretty much across the board.

Would you be willing to post your list so we could potentially find some room for improvement.

If you're expecting to face decks like the ones you mentioned above, a couple of simple and easy techs to play would be Pokémon Center Lady, Escape Rope, and 2 Yveltal XY.

Center Lady and Escape Rope allows you to negate the Paralysis that Lapras will inevitably inflict upon you, and baby Yveltal will be useful in retrieving the energy you're sure to lose due to the high level of energy removal you'd be facing. Maybe a Special Charge would be useful, as well.

Just a couple of ideas.

Back