Ruling I Don't Know if This Will Ever Come Up.... But...

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!
Ok, So I play down a Cedric Juniper.
I then put a Pokemon card face down and say "Ok, what's Wailord's height?"
Then the reply comes back from my opponent as "Wow... Wild guess because i have no idea.... is it 47' 07"?"
*47'07' is Wailord's height*
I then flip over the upside down Pokemon card only to reveal that I accidently put down this Joltik card! (whose height, contrary to popular belief, is not 47' 07", but rather 0' 04")
I then fumble through my hand to try and find the Wailord card I meant to put down, only to realize that I don't actually have one in hand (It's also not on the field anywhere of public knowledge).

How would a judge handle this situation if I called one over? Who would draw the cards? And what would my penalty be at a large Tiered tournament such as National or World Championships?

Thank you judges!

Pope

Aspiring Trainer
RE: IDK if this will ever come up.... But...

At the very least, you are looking at a Warning for Game Play Error at a Tier 2 event.

To use Cedric Juniper, you need to play a card from your hand. Therefore you know before you play the card whether or not you can name Wailord. If you don't have a Wailord in hand, you can not name Wailord for the use of Cedric Juniper.

If the Judge believes you have played Joltik dishonestly, then you could be looking at a DQ for intentionally misleading your opponent - Under 7.6.4 of the penalty guidelines, Cheating; Use of dubious game actions intended to deceive your opponent into making misplays.

EDIT: I would welcome other Professors to give their input here. These sorts of things often have a way of being interpreted different from one person to another.

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!
RE: IDK if this will ever come up.... But...

Pope said:
At the very least, you are looking at a Warning for Game Play Error at a Tier 2 event.

To use Cedric Juniper, you need to play a card from your hand. Therefore you know before you play the card whether or not you can name Wailord. If you don't have a Wailord in hand, you can not name Wailord for the use of Cedric Juniper.

If the Judge believes you have played Joltik dishonestly, then you could be looking at a DQ for intentionally misleading your opponent - Under 7.6.4 of the penalty guidelines, Cheating; Use of dubious game actions intended to deceive your opponent into making misplays.

EDIT: I would welcome other Professors to give their input here. These sorts of things often have a way of being interpreted different from one person to another.

Thank you :)