Hypnosis and NLP

Zero

Renegade Writer
I have recently become interested in the way the mind works, psychology, ect. I stumbled upon links to NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) and hypnosis. How exactly do these work? And to what levels do they work?

I've tried some NLP thus far... and it works well for what I intended to do. Nothing as big as the "pros", but meh.

Hypnosis is another story. I have found many textbooks/websites/ect conflicting with eachother. I've found some that say that a person can act on their own will, but I've found others that say that it can go to the delta brain waves. I've found one study where a person under hypnosis was suggested to shoot an unloaded pistol at his wife's head. He did so accordingly, but found the pistol was unloaded.

Also, hypnosis techniques have been conflicting. Some say to do pocket watch-cliche, some say to do instant inductions, and others direct the user to use soothing music. How do the "pros" do this? What kind of combination do they use?

Thanks for the helpz :D

J

Juliacoolo

I'm not an expert, but I know a decent amount about this stuff from watching TV.(Not really a good source I guess) As for hypnosis, I've heard that you must get your targets mind in a time of low consciousness. I've heard the best time for this is when your target is sleeping. You'll need to understand that you can't make people zombies (Duh) but successfully using hypnosis can be quite fun. When your target is sleeping, you need to softly talk to them. For example while your mom is sleeping say: "Mom. Mom, can you hear me?" Keep saying something like this till she gives a slight responsive moves. Then say something like "At 12 PM tomorrow, you will make "Bob" a sandwich. Make sure to say your name, rather than "me". Keep repeating this. Even if she isn't understanding, there's a good chance she really is hearing it. Try to ask her if she understands. If she nods, you got her for sure. If not, just keep repeating, and hope it works. The next day, when your mom looks at the clock at 12 PM, she will remember what you said, since her brain matched that time with a memory she received. All of a sudden, she will have an urge to make you a sandwich. This kind of stuff is hard to do (as it isn't really widely used) so any results are good.

varit

kanto region digintary
you know whats ten time's better then any of that mumbo jumbo, philosophy, believe me when I say that if you were to take that class in university and talk to one of your friends you can confuse them to no end by making complete sense about nothing, it work's, I took the course and it changed my life (ahh turning things with no bases around on them is so much fun as well). as far as physiology go's it's just an added ajuction of telling people how they should act with a university degree (i've argued and won that point over many time's with physiology major's). but hypnosis thats just fun. it's highly possible to kill someone with hypnosis and change there thinking pattern's completely with it. however it also has to take complete compliance from the brain for it to work, kinda like with drug's, you either need them in a state of compliance, mental doubt or uncertainty or trash talk them to no end until they cry like a baby and are willing to submit (trash talking is all done in joke form of course). cya

Blaine

This sentence is false
As far as I know, hypnosis is not just inducing a person to do something, it's also used to access to the memory and things like that (highway hypnosis makes the person split it's mind into driving -unconsciously- and thinking in something else both at the same time -with safe driving but probably forgetting that it drove-). Also, you can't hypnotise a person to do something against its nature -like killing-.

varit

kanto region digintary
you can kill the human brain through hypnosis, I have heard of a few case's of people dieing through hypnosis treatment, weather it was afterward or during i'm not to sure, but yes some of them had a suicidal/genocidal thought process after-wards and would take people with them or just killed themselves in silence. cya

P.S. this however was not done intentionally and was experimental treatment or they just couldn't take it.