Hydreigon and Haxorus

adamisclassy

Aspiring Trainer
HydreigonRedCollection52.jpg
HaxorusRedCollection58.jpg

Saw these as part of the red collection of bulbapedia.

Here are their translations

Hydreigon

Dark Aura Ability
All Energy attached to this Pokémon is {D} instead of its usual type

Dangerous Sword {D}{D}{D}{D} 60
This attack does 40 damage to 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Haxorus

Dual Chop {C}{C} 50x
Flip 2 coins. This attack does 50 damage times the number of heads.

Giga Impact {C}{C}{C} 120
This Pokémon can't attack during your next turn.

My initial thought was that Haxorus was bad and that Hydreigon could pair with Emboar for a cool spread deck...but then I remembered T-Tar exists and spreads for a lot less energy. Then I thought that Hydreigon could pair with T-Tar but when I thought about it two stages 2 and one that has a {D}{D}{D}{D} attack cost even if it is really only a {C}{C}{C}{C} seems too slow for the format. But let's get some other thoughts in! Do you think Hydreigon can see play?

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.
Hydreigon.... SO many possibilities. Emboar, DCE, Celebi Prime, Electrode prime.... That thing has an amazing attack.

ashinto

Aspiring Trainer
Hydreigon just made my day. Literally. I have to say, it needs something to stop fighting types LOLTROLLing it...

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
If it wweren't for its weakness, that card would be great, I'd pair it with DCE. Also were'd you get the scans from?

adamisclassy

Aspiring Trainer
glaceon said:
If it wweren't for its weakness, that card would be great, I'd pair it with DCE. Also were'd you get the scans from?

Bulbapedia. I agree with the weakness thing. But I guess there was nothing else to make him weak to. Another thing that caught my eye that I first noticed with an Axew promo is that dragons no longer have a colorless weakness. Not really too excited about that, but if they make every dragon as bad as haxorus then we don't have to much to worry about I suppose

silenth

Aspiring Trainer
wow Hydreigon is a beast. that attack pairs amazingly with absol start and mandibuzz for clean up. if you had a psychic energy attacked to Hydreigon could he benefit form metagross's body for free retreat? or is that energy no longer considered psychic? also might play well with kingdra to spray splash for that extra bench dmg

adamisclassy

Aspiring Trainer
silenth said:
wow Hydreigon is a beast. that attack pairs amazingly with absol start and mandibuzz for clean up. if you had a psychic energy attacked to Hydreigon could he benefit form metagross's body for free retreat? or is that energy no longer considered psychic? also might play well with kingdra to spray splash for that extra bench dmg

We probably won't know that until we get an actual translation but based on what I have seen metagross would not work.

ashinto

Aspiring Trainer
I have to say, it needs energy accel to do well, though there are so many different combos you can do with energy that you're going to have a lot of choices.

adamisclassy

Aspiring Trainer
victini-red-collection.jpg
victini-coin-toss.jpg

This is another one I could see pairing really well with this

The one on the right allows you to reflip for an attack. The one on the left does 120 for {P} but you have to flip two coins and they both have to be heads.

Riskbreakers

The Brilliant Star☆
Ability says that you have the option to reflip everything. So you have to flip two coins if you use the ability.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not seeing Victini/Victini. Even if you do get to reflip, it's still only a 25% chance of hitting 120 damage. Plus, 60HP isn't good for a main attacker that depends on flips.

Shiny Shinx

WE ARE IN THE BEAM
adamisclassy said:
victini-red-collection.jpg
victini-coin-toss.jpg

This is another one I could see pairing really well with this

The one on the right allows you to reflip for an attack. The one on the left does 120 for {P} but you have to flip two coins and they both have to be heads.

lol, you mixed up left and right. :p

~SS

adamisclassy

Aspiring Trainer
fail rate is 75% you square that see your chances of failing twice (56.25%) so you hit it 43.75% of the time. I am not saying it is good. But I do think that the reflip Victini makes pokemon with flippy attacks more viable. Also I totally did flip the two victini on that post...

catutie

Ahhhhh back.....er....kind of
o_O multiple ones on the bench.....oh god. just do

4 collector
4 {P} victini
4 {R} victini
15 {P} energy

and you win every time....T1 almost guaranteed 120 o_O

adamisclassy

Aspiring Trainer
catutie said:
o_O multiple ones on the bench.....oh god. just do

4 collector
4 {P} victini
4 {R} victini
15 {P} energy

and you win every time....T1 almost guaranteed 120 o_O

It says in the text you can only use the ability once per turn. Othewise that would be madness

catutie

Ahhhhh back.....er....kind of
is it like you can only use one per turn or if you have multiple you can use one for each?

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
Ability: Victory Star
You can use this when one of your Pokemon flips coins as part of its attack. Ignore all results of those coin flips and reflip from the beginning. You can only use Victory Star 1 time during your turn, even if you have multiple Victini in play.

Yeh. No only one.