How to Use Achie's Ace in the Hole

Creez

Aspiring Trainer
As the tittle says, i wanna use archie ace in my poliwag deck since i want to add the new Empoleon from Bkt in it, but i dunno how to use archie to his full potential how to get it fast and set quickly. any advice or i juste try to use ultra ball and maintenance?

So there are a few ways to play Archies depending the deck. Maintenance and Ultra Ball are both good cards to use as well as cards like Battle Compressor, Acro Bike, and Trainers' Mail. Flareon and Archie's Blastoise did this very well. As far as list goes, I don't really have one and would have to most likely build a skeleton list for you unless you have one possibly already.

i have a build deck but archie is not in it yet, im willing to change the deck to make empoleon in and archie, i could post the deck list here but i have already put it in the deck garage as poliwag/seismitoad deck

As long as your deck is

4 battle compressor
4 trainers mail
4 ultra ball

then

4 VS seeker
2 Archie's or Maxie's

Thats fine, everything else is optional, acro bike just digs into the deck similar to maintenance it forces a card into your hand, shaymin allows a better dig option w/o having to waste cards out of your deck or add needless cards into your hand in the first place. Trainers mail like ultra ball lets you make the search or 4 cards optional, so you can fail them and not grab anything. Prioritize everything you use for Archie's into the discard before anything else through battle comps and ultra ball. If you fail the turn 1 but have a better hand for turn 2 don't waste the cards out of hand, prioritization is also knowing when you can and cannot do something.

In Expanded play, Jirachi-EX is critical to pulling off Archie's Ace in the Hole / Maxie's Hidden Ball trick early and consistently. "Archie's Blastoise" decks typically run two, in addition to the Battle Compressors, Trainer's Mail, Ultra Ball and Acro Bike mentioned. It's a shame Jirachi-EX isn't available in standard, because its Ability lets you search your deck for a Supporter when you play it to your Bench. That means that if your hand consists of an Ultra Ball and any other two cards, you instantly have access to Archie so long as there's a valid Pokemon your Discard Pile and two empty spots on your Bench (one for Jirachi-EX, one for the Pokemon you're putting into play with Archie).

Back