How to Handle Homework

naetle

The Pokemon Lover
Recently I've been getting a ton of homework. Now normally I'd be okay with that...but the thing is that finals are coming up in the next 3 weeks. What do you guys suggest? Anybody else in a similar situation?

Hmm, well, what can we suggest? Do it asap so you don't get burried in it...? And have time to read for the finals.

If it's not checked you can skip it and learn - and do the homework after the finals if you feel you need it?

If your homework counts towards your final grade then do them to the best of your ability to take some strain off of your final exam.
If the homework does not contribute to anything and is wasting your time, then make like a Charizard and flamethrower that junk.

There is always a choice, but there are consequences for each choice whether good or bad. I never really liked homework or felt like it made me better at the material being discussed. I'd prefer a if you want practice for this material, do these problems.

I always dreaded homework back in high school, but who didn't? I got into a routine, which made it manageable, but I always made sure I got it done as it was graded and also helped me a bit towards my tests, and also reduced the time for me to study. I didn't realize how important it would be in college. Most of the classes I am taking now depend on the homework for the tests. The professor might take questions directly off the homework or come up with similar test questions, worded slightly differently. Knowing this, I just do the homework ahead of time and use that to study.

If the homework counts towards your overall grade, just do it. Manage your time out and take on certain number of questions each hour. Use the remaining time to study for your finals. My friend actually had 11 pages of online Calc 2 homework and left it off for three days before the deadline. He failed to study for his exam and could barely get through everything, which counted towards his final grade.

So just manage your time and get through as much as you can. Don't wait to do it until the last few days, because you never know how beneficial it might be towards helping you in your finals.

Just try to prioritise. When you get homework in, think to yourself "is this more important than revising for finals?" or like other people have said, "does it contribute to my final grade?". Realistically most of the time the answer will be no. If you don't do the homework, your teachers really shouldn't have a problem if you say you've been revising. Actually, they really shouldn't be setting you homework that isn't revision/coursework this close to exams anyway. If they are just rip it up and throw it in their face because they're not teaching well.

Throughout my high school career, I basically never did homework unless it was large projects or essays. It did indeed hurt my grades, but I didn't care; I already knew the material so the work bored me to death. I guess I was pretty terrible.

If it doesn't count toward your grade, then only do what you don't already know instead of not doing it. For example, i have 6 pages of math homework over the weekend but we can do 4th of it for credit, half it for 1 point of extra credit, or all of it for 2 points. All I'll do is half of it to get practice and the extra credit. But then again, my math teacher takes 3 weeks to grade homework.

Since in Australia homework nearly never counts towards grades, I rarely ever do it. If I do, I do it in class during those bits when you're just writing down notes, or you've been given time do it. I'm a fast homework doing anyway :3

Homework is 5% of my total grade over here.
I just get 95% on everything else and ignore it.
Still living the 4.0 life :D

Back