Discussion How to Destroy the Mega Mewtwo Decks!

I think I forgot to mention at least one more means of beating M Mewtwo-EX

4.) Get on your knees and pray to your version of Arceus that NxD Mewtwo-EX or a reliable Tool removal card gets reprinted.

Still have steam siege gardevoir. :D
That is definitely potent against mega mewtwo. It in turn though loses to mega scizor which is also favored over mewtwo if you remove your shaymins.

I've found some success with just general energy disruption and stadium warfare, not just scizor, against mega mewtwo. Cards like team flare grunt and enhanced hammers usually make them falter with their momentum both short and long term.

I don't really like how the game just became use one type and then lose to another. I really want there to be some kind of type specialization or something. M Scizor EX is by far the most solid play since it doesn't really lose to anything but Gardevoir pretty much only beats Mewtwo EX and thats it while Mewtwo beats everything. Volcanion beats Scizor EX but its such a risky play considering like 4 competitive deck can run Garbodor.

Just like few of the members here have said, the best / easiest way to crush M Mewtwo EX decks is with the new M Gardevoir EX (STS). The 2 energy Despair Ray attack OHKO's him.

This past weekend I went to a LC and out of 5 rounds I faced 3 M Mewtwo Decks. Deck 1 and 3 I had problems setting my M Gardevoir EX's faster than he could set his M Mewtwo EX's. But once I had one M Gardevoir EX out it was game. For the match up against Deck 3, I was able to stall a little bit with Giratina.

With the second M Mewtwo EX deck I faced, I won in 3 turns thanks to a perfect opening hand.

2x Gardevoir EX
1x Fairy Energy
1x Spirit Link
1x Fairy Garden
1x Shaymin
1x Sycamore

Back