Help How should "I" beat Gardevoir? (non Jr edition)

semurphy444

Aspiring Trainer
I'm coming at this from my own particular deck angle; which might be a tough deck to play...nor have I fully tested this theory. Here is a link to my deck core: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/buzzoroark-with-some-spice.145539/

In playing my deck, I've been realizing how powerful OCTILLERY is. Being able to lead Brigette, play your hand away in order to get the Octillery up, Abysal Hand for 4 or 5...play those cards out- and THEN on top of that be able to Play a N or Sycamore- I find that when things are going well; they just keep going well and you're getting out either Double Garde or Garde/Gallade.

In the past I've been set to default to 'N' away their opening A. Vulpix Beacon (Regardless of the cards)...I'm having second thoughts on that being the play; yes you disrupted their ideal cards...but they're still in deck, UltraBall still searches for that Octillery, Octillery still will draw up to 5 cards, they'll still have decent odds at finding Candy+Gardy and ontop of that still be able to play a supporter- they'll still be able to Secret Spring & load up energy...I think if they get 2 Gardy's its over.

I wanted to find some witty analogy about dragon slaying and how here you're dealing with the tail (or tenticles as it may be) But- I think the best T2 play is to Guzma & KO the Remoraid, and let my Opp keep his Gardy/Kirlia. And I KO that with a Zoroark. (Up 1-0 in Prizes)... The key here is that my Opponent probably only gets out a single Gardy on their T2...but probably will evolve the other Ralts up.

The Zoroark with 2 Energy- means they'll either have to commit 4& Choice Band to a Garde. (Or they might just go Gallade route and need the DCE) (The odds are that they'll draw into Garde more, and given the choice I think this is what they'll push for?)

So the follow up turn is where I really need to show off the draw power...and now down 2-1. I need to get my Buzz to 3 Energies, CB & Active... Hopefully I wasnt silly in needlessly benching those tools previous to this turn. I should have access to at least 1 trade, Abysal, Puzzles & a draw supporter. If I hit this- I'm now up 3-2 admittedly with a loaded Buzz. But still my opponent needs Gardy, +3 Energy+CB without the help of Octillery....If he whiffs; I think I try to target the Lele with a Guzma & Knuckle Punch. To go up 5-2.

Am I underselling the importance of Octillery?

Back