Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

PrimalError

Aspiring Trainer
I have this misprint , help [Primal Groudon EX]

Hi everyone, I have a Primal Groudon EX misprint. I attached some pictures to show you. As you can see it looks like the factory cut the card wrong and left that imprint on the top of the card. Also, it cut the top off at a slight angle. Are misprints worth anything? Is the fact that it's on a rare card add to the value of it? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm new and just started collecting cards again. If anyone can help me that'd be great and much appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 112
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    49 KB · Views: 95
  • photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 88

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
RE: I have this misprint , help [Primal Groudon EX]

The value will be what ever someone is willingly going to pay for this :)

abv150

Pokemon TCG Collector
Nin said:
I got a pretty nasty ink blot/printing error with a Plusle I got today:
be12CUZ.jpg
No idea what happened here, but it was pretty funny to see!

I have the same Error and I've seen 2 others so it seems I'll have to list this Error card to my "official" Error/Misprintlist :)

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
2ivmst3.jpg

Got this from 2 separate packs yesterday from getting top 16 at NY states. The line is risen, not cut into the cards and goes perfectly from the whiscash into the escape rope.
Has anyone ever seen a factory error like this before?

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Oh man looks like a bad manufactures crease. My Base Ninetales has a crease like that except it is on the left center of the card instead. That is a severely damaged card man. You may want to see if you can get it replaced. I suggest you contact the Pokemon Company by email with your photos so they can mail you the replacement cards.:)

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
xxashxx said:
Oh man looks like a bad manufactures crease. My Base Ninetales has a crease like that except it is on the left center of the card instead. That is a severely damaged card man. You may want to see if you can get it replaced. I suggest you contact the Pokemon Company by email with your photos so they can mail you the replacement cards.:)

Replaced?!?! I love misprints! :)
If only graded cards would include misprints as not a card defect *sigh*

onionsaur

Aspiring Trainer
We found a miscut lysandre at con this weekend so my friend bought it. The lower portion the art shows more of his body and hand..it's actually pretty neat. I'll try to post a picture later :3

Purple_Anteater

Aspiring Trainer
Just pulled a UR 1ED Japanese Mega Manectric EX. How much would this sell for, and would people consider trading multiple SRs for a card like this?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Over the last couple months, 2 have sold on Ebay.com, one for US$18.50 and one for US$21, so somewhere around the $20 is probably safe. As far as trading goes, most people try and find a roughly equivalent currency value for trades (regardless of whether the card is a UR or SR or whatever), but of course exact trading details would have to be worked out with your trading partner.

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
I have a card store that will give me 20 cents trade in for each unused code card for trading card on line. Is that a good deal?

Also, what is a good price to pay for a 2 pound box of random cards - some new some old - I see a lot of them on Goodwill.com?

Videoland

Aspiring Trainer
I have around 40 or so Neo Destiny 1st edition commons/uncommons in near mint-mint condition. However, I don't really collect 1st edition, I want unlimited. A guy offered to trade my 1st edition for unlimited versions and he said that they don't really differ in value. Would that be fair trade? I feel like the 1st edition cards should at least be a bit more valuable..

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Videoland said:
I have around 40 or so Neo Destiny 1st edition commons/uncommons in near mint-mint condition. However, I don't really collect 1st edition, I want unlimited. A guy offered to trade my 1st edition for unlimited versions and he said that they don't really differ in value. Would that be fair trade? I feel like the 1st edition cards should at least be a bit more valuable..

The 1st Editions are definitely worth more than the unlimited runs, some of them not by much and some of them by a lot. If I were you I would use eBay's sold listings to determine the value of specific cards that you're interested in, then look up the 1st Edition version as well.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Usually 1st edition uncommons and common cards are worth roughly 50c to $1.00 more depending on the card or cards. Reverse holos just a rough estimate might be $2.00 more than the unlimited cards because reverse holos on ANY card is like a rarer version of the original so they will be worth more depending on quality and also how good they look and if thy are still shiny or not. If they are shiny they will be worth a good price.:)

MeisterSauer

Aspiring Trainer
Is the Card I Pulled a Shining Charizard Misprint?

Hi!
I acquired some Neo Destiny booster packs online from a good seller.

In one of the packs I pulled a shining charizard and I noticed that it's "off" from the other ones I'd ever seen.

It is cut off flame on tail and the holo foil goes beyond borders in top close to "basic Pokémon" also the two sparks that go off its tail flame are double and offset (kind of like a 3D effect.) the holo foil also goes beyond of the black border of charizard itself.

Do you guys think/know if it's misprinted?

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 114

Pikachu6319

Scooby
RE: Is the Card I Pulled a Shining Charizard Misprint?

Well, I just checked mine to make the comparison.

Quick side note: I actually checked all three of my Neo Destiny Shining Charizards, one of which is first edition :)

But back to the point, as far as I was able to tell the art on yours matches the art on mine. Either all three of mine are misprinted as well, or I have no idea what I'm talking about, or none of them are misprinted.

MeisterSauer

Aspiring Trainer

Hi!

The only reason why I was even thinking that it could be a misprint is because of the positioning of the tail flame with the holo foil that's just simply cut-off in the middle of the flame. Also because of the off set sparks. The pictures I saw always had them line up perfectly.

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer

This probably doesn't help, but when I googled the card, the pictures have the tail flames lined up. Your card looks different. However, it looks like the Japanese version of the card has the tail flames looking like yours.