Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

drcigg said:
1998 Japanese promo holo charizard. Certified mint 9 from psa. Someone in my area has it selling for 99 dollars?
Is that a good price? What is it worth?

Could it be the CD Promo?

EDIT: Removed the price prediction as I'm a bit off and don't want to mislead any readers. :p

drcigg said:
You are correct it is the cd promo. If it's worth 100 maybe I can get his price lowered a bit.

A psa 10 cd Charizard is not worth over 45$ in my opinion.

CHARIZARD ULTRA RARE HOLO PSA 9 MINT GRADED CD PROMO POKEMON CARD 1998
bin $23.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHARIZARD-ULTRA-RARE-HOLO-PSA-9-MINT-GRADED-CD-PROMO-POKEMON-CARD-1998-/380746820459?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58a6476b6b

Hey guys!

I'm new to the forum, but I was wondering, if you could help me to find out the value of these two cards?

Thanks! :)

How about now?

2wnr9zl.jpg

Added spoiler tags for large image. ~Artemis

Miiw said:
How about now?
Crystal Charizard 146/144 was released in a short print called Skyridge. It is easily worth $120 or more in Mint condition. I'd value a NM one around $80. Your other Charizard 4/102 is from Base set and, by comparison, is *much* more common. It is worth around $15-20 in NM condition. I've sold some as high as $40 but those were immaculate.

SoulWind said:
Miiw said:
How about now?
Crystal Charizard 146/144 was released in a short print called Skyridge. It is easily worth $120 or more in Mint condition. I'd value a NM one around $80. Your other Charizard 4/102 is from Base set and, by comparison, is *much* more common. It is worth around $15-20 in NM condition. I've sold some as high as $40 but those were immaculate.

Thanks alot!

How does one judge if the card is in mint condition?
I mean the one in the photo, I've kept it in a protective sleeve all the time and I was the one who picked it up from a booster pack. :) So could I call it mint or nearly mint?

Miiw said:
How does one judge if the card is in mint condition?
I mean the one in the photo, I've kept it in a protective sleeve all the time and I was the one who picked it up from a booster pack. :) So could I call it mint or nearly mint?

You'll have to examine the card for signs of damage or wear.

Here are my personal guidelines:

Mint: This card looks as though you *just* pulled it from a pack. Minor printing imperfections (e.g. a perfectly horizontal scratch on the foil or slightly off centered) may be visible only upon closer inspection.

Near-Mint: This card has not been played but may contain very minor foil scratches and/or whitening along the reverse of the card. It is difficult for me to draw the line between Near-Mint cards and Excellent which I will discuss next.

Excellent: You can expect slightly more damage on a card with this grade. Scuffs may be apparent on the foil itself and there may also be silver showing through the ink.

Anything below that I would consider Very Good or Played. I consider myself to be extremely picky with condition and try not to keep cards that are not at least Near-Mint (even then, I still want to replace them). Hope that helps. :p

Could you upload pictures of the backs, of the cards. This could help identify whether it is indeed mint. The Base charizard, has some scratches on the picture, The Crystal one looks like it has a little bend in the top right corner. It might just be the flash though.

Hello Pokefans!

Recently took a look through my old cards after the release of Pokemon X & Y and found some cards I think might be worth finally unloading.

So without further ado!

1st Edition Shadowless:
Charizard, Nidoking, Raichu, Machamp, Clefairy

1st Edition Holo's:
Machamp (Still in the original wrapping, see picture)

1st Edition:
Double Colorless, Water Energy, Fighting Energy x2, Lightning Energy x4, Psychic Energy x3, Pokemon Center, Maintenance, Full Heal, Pokemon Flute, Pokedex, Professor Oak, Gust of Wind, Devolution Spray, Potion, Magnemite x2, Gastly, Drowzee, Machop, Onix, Metapod x2, Charmander x2, Charmeleon, Pidgey x2, Poliwag x2, Ponyta, Diglet, Dugtrio, Koffing, Growlithe, Abra, Squirtle, Staryu, Wartortle, Seel, Raticate, Nidorino, Dragonair, Poliwhirl, Tangela, Porygon, Electrode, Magmar, Magikarp, Jynx, Arcanine, Pidgeotto x2

Shadowless:
Chansey, Hitmonchan, Venusaur, Charizard, Gyarados, Mewtwo

All cards are in pristine condition. Prior to Pokemon being released in 1999 I played MTG for a number of years and was already accustomed to putting my cards into penny clear sleeves after opening boost packs. They have remained in a 3 ring binder with card pages only to be seen every once in awhile, which is a real shame because I know someone else could probably appreciate them more than I do.

I guess my biggest question is, whether or not some are worth getting rated, as well as which are worth selling individually and which I should just try to sell as a bulk deal.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

-Dogadewd

Oh and here is some pictures of the cards:
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a535/Oglopian/2013-10-26010404_zps3dc60d2e.jpg
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a535/Oglopian/2013-10-26010214_zps1a03fbd3.jpg
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a535/Oglopian/2013-10-26010140_zps5a5f4c76.jpg
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a535/Oglopian/2013-10-26010128_zpsdf3de78d.jpg
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a535/Oglopian/2013-10-26010056_zpsea477ff7.jpg

Well it all depends on personal preference, personally I would get the Holo's graded if you have the money. That will then increase the value of your cards.

The holo's I would sell individually, but probably best to get graded.

TheTPCProductionz said:
Well it all depends on personal preference, personally I would get the Holo's graded if you have the money. That will then increase the value of your cards.

Yeah at 10 bucks a card if I send it at least 10 to do all the holos would cost me 120 bucks.

Dogadewd said:
TheTPCProductionz said:

Yeah at 10 bucks a card if I send it at least 10 to do all the holos would cost me 120 bucks.

Yeah, send them in for grading :)

drcigg said:
Pikachu gold plated card in nm condition.

Anywhere from £2.50-£7. They aren't really worth that much.

Whats the valve you of:

Complete Japanese VS Set with the secret rare and the energy cards (3 holo ones) in mint condition

Back