Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

Secret Pikachu

Aspiring Trainer
RE: The ''How much is a card worth?'' topic.

xxashxx said:
What is my Zekrom EX worth? It is the B/W promo not the Next Destinies one. Thanks XD.:)

I checked eBay's completed listings. In the last month the card has sold from anywhere between one dollar and ten dollars, with an average sale price at around five dollars.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member

I figured about $5.00 since it is a tin promo. I was just wondering XD. What about my Platinum Arceus Charizard XD?:) Thanks.:)

Daelum

Climbing the stairs to the top

So I recently went through my binders and pulled out all the extras I have from each set and have been wondering what I should do with the cards.

Should I list them all on Ebay? Make a big sales thread on here? Just bulk it out to T&T?

Secret Pikachu

Aspiring Trainer

xxashxx said:
I figured about $5.00 since it is a tin promo. I was just wondering XD. What about my Platinum Arceus Charizard XD?:) Thanks.:)

Do you mean the Charizard 1/99 from Platinum Arceus? If so, it has sold for between $3 and $6 in mint condition on eBay (about the same for the reverse holo).

Daelum said:
So I recently went through my binders and pulled out all the extras I have from each set and have been wondering what I should do with the cards.

Should I list them all on Ebay? Make a big sales thread on here? Just bulk it out to T&T?

I'm facing this dilemna as well. I'm sure there are some collectors who are still missing a few C/U/R cards (especially reverse holos) from their complete/master sets (like me! :)). There might be a bit of a market there, especially if the cards are pack-fresh/mint. I think it would be easier to try and find someone in that situation in the Trading Corner here, as opposed to eBay. After doing that you could sell the rest to Troll and Toad.

Daelum

@Secret Pikachu~ Thanks for the tips! Let me know which cards you are missing and I'll see if I have them. I've gone through my HGSS cards as well as some Platinum, B&W, and ex but I'm making more progress every day :p

Daelum

How much is a Rare Candy from POP 5 worth? I can't seem to find it on Ebay :/

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

Secret Pikachu said:
Do you mean the Charizard 1/99 from Platinum Arceus? If so, it has sold for between $3 and $6 in mint condition on eBay (about the same for the reverse holo).

I'm facing this dilemna as well. I'm sure there are some collectors who are still missing a few C/U/R cards (especially reverse holos) from their complete/master sets (like me! :)). There might be a bit of a market there, especially if the cards are pack-fresh/mint. I think it would be easier to try and find someone in that situation in the Trading Corner here, as opposed to eBay. After doing that you could sell the rest to Troll and Toad.

Wow this Charizard is pretty cheap. Why is it only worth that much? Is it still relatively new? Anyway Thanks XD.

How much is my EX Skyridge Crystal Charizard worth? My friend paid $30.00 in Canada for it about 6 years ago and is still in the same shape as it was 6 years ago. Might have manufactures fingerprints which is small if any but other than that it is pretty much mint condition XD.:)

Daelum

xxashxx said:
How much is my EX Skyridge Crystal Charizard worth? My friend paid $30.00 in Canada for it about 6 years ago and is still in the same shape as it was 6 years ago. Might have manufactures fingerprints which is small if any but other than that it is pretty much mint condition XD.:)

Use Ebay completed listings for cards that were released in sets and common promos. It saves everyone time.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

Just post when you have more time. No rush XD. Thanks XD.:) I was just curious. I am in no way selling my cards any time soon XD.:)

Daelum

No, I wasn't saying that because I don't have the time. I said to use completed listings to not waste anyone's time. You can easily look up the price of a Crystal Charizard using Ebay completed listings.

Secret Pikachu

Aspiring Trainer

Daelum said:
@Secret Pikachu~ Thanks for the tips! Let me know which cards you are missing and I'll see if I have them. I've gone through my HGSS cards as well as some Platinum, B&W, and ex but I'm making more progress every day :p

You're welcome! I have a list of cards that I'm missing from Black & White: Base Set and Noble Victories. I can let you know once I finish off my lists for the other three Black & White sets! I don't plan on completing HGSS or Platinum sets any time soon unfortunately :p.

xxashxx said:
Wow this Charizard is pretty cheap. Why is it only worth that much? Is it still relatively new? Anyway Thanks XD.

I have no idea why the Charizard is that cheap, I just searched the card on eBay's Completed Listings and found what it has sold for recently :p.

I'm not sure if you know how to search eBay's completed listings (if you do, ignore the following). Next to the search bar there is a link titled "Advanced". Click that and check the box titled "Completed listings". Then, enter your key word(s) in the search bar at the top. Any price in green is an item that sold (for that price). Any price in red is an item that did not sell (and was listed at that price).

I hope that helps. I apologize if you already knew how to do that, however it's pretty quick to do and saves you from waiting hours for someone to reply in this thread!

Daelum

Well I have a solid amount of Noble Victories extras because that's one of the two boxes I've opened, so let me know :)

Secret Pikachu

Aspiring Trainer

Okay, will do. Thanks for letting me know!

Feel free to let me know if there are any cards that you need! Maybe we could work out a trade (I am not a Verified Seller)!

[email protected]

Aspiring Trainer

I was looking for a mewtwo ex, and someone offered to sell me for 30 euros, which is 37 dollars roughly. Worth it?

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

I was looking for a mewtwo ex, and someone offered to sell me for 30 euros, which is 37 dollars roughly. Worth it?

Which one?

54/99 Mewtwo-EX
98/99 Mewtwo-EX

As a reminder to everyone. The more info about the card you post, the more accurate the reply will be.

R

Rison

Hi,

Would anyone be able to tell me what the following card is worth? I pulled it from a Arceus Booster Pack.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/iamking/Pokemon/2012-08-05014909.jpg

Thanks,
Matt

Daelum

Umm I'd say it's worth around $10, just like the blank error. But I don't really think there is a set value for that card.

I've missed opportunities to buy it for $5, so I wouldn't pay much more for one now.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

Secret Pikachu said:
You're welcome! I have a list of cards that I'm missing from Black & White: Base Set and Noble Victories. I can let you know once I finish off my lists for the other three Black & White sets! I don't plan on completing HGSS or Platinum sets any time soon unfortunately :p.

I have no idea why the Charizard is that cheap, I just searched the card on eBay's Completed Listings and found what it has sold for recently :p.

I'm not sure if you know how to search eBay's completed listings (if you do, ignore the following). Next to the search bar there is a link titled "Advanced". Click that and check the box titled "Completed listings". Then, enter your key word(s) in the search bar at the top. Any price in green is an item that sold (for that price). Any price in red is an item that did not sell (and was listed at that price).

I hope that helps. I apologize if you already knew how to do that, however it's pretty quick to do and saves you from waiting hours for someone to reply in this thread!

Sadly I have never searched for anything on Ebay or been there myself XD. I don't mind waiting if you guys have the time. I am pretty patient XD. Thanks though.:)