Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

RE: The ''How much is a card worth?'' topic.

xxashxx said:
Sadly I have never searched for anything on Ebay or been there myself XD. I don't mind waiting if you guys have the time. I am pretty patient XD. Thanks though.:)

I don't think you get what everyone is saying. YOU can use Ebay completed listings to search for cards because WE don't want to waste our time doing something YOU can do.

This thread is primarily for asking about the card prices that aren't easily found.

It's the 54/99 one.

It's a great card but not worth $37 dollars.

They're releasing tins in September with that card in it. I personally wouldn't pay more than $25 for Mewtwo EX 54/99.

Daelum said:
I don't think you get what everyone is saying. YOU can use Ebay completed listings to search for cards because WE don't want to waste our time doing something YOU can do.

This thread is primarily for asking about the card prices that aren't easily found.

That card is an older EX card from the EX Skyridge set that came out before they updated the EX's in 3rd gen. A crystal Charizard is not eaasily found anymore because that set came out around 2004 or 2005 XD. I was wondering because it is an older card. I only asked about the new Charizard because I just got it XD. I am always curious about any Charizard card I get because Charizard is one or actually my ultimate favorite card XD. Sheesh man. I was just asking. Crystal Charizard's are not that easy to get because it is a secret rare XD.:)

xxashxx said:
That card is an older EX card from the EX Skyridge set that came out before they updated the EX's in 3rd gen. A crystal Charizard is not eaasily found anymore because that set came out around 2004 or 2005 XD. I was wondering because it is an older card. I only asked about the new Charizard because I just got it XD. I am always curious about any Charizard card I get because Charizard is one or actually my ultimate favorite card XD. Sheesh man. I was just asking. Crystal Charizard's are not that easy to get because it is a secret rare XD.:)

Just because it is older doesn't mean it's hard to get a hold of. It was released in a set so it is easily accessible. A quick Ebay search, the one that I've been talking about, yields very useful results. I suggest you start using Ebay to look up prices.

Here, I did the search for you just to show you how easy and useful it is:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=charizard%20146&_sop=13

Wow that card sold for a high as $60.00 and a low on one for $35.00 roughly? That card is rare man. That is worth something. A lot more when it is pretty much mint condition. Thanks man. This thread is for cards like this one? Why not ask about these. If it sold for that much why not ask. That is a lot. That is not easy to get for me. That is a card I definitely replace very easily so yeah that was worth the effort. If you were in my shoes you would be wondering too. For example that card is worth a months worth of gas for our car. That should tell you right there we don't have much to let alone replace the card. That might be easy for you to get because you can afford it but I am telling you I can't afford this card so I am very lucky I have it XD especially when a friend of mine paid $30.00 Canadian almost 6 years ago. The date I got it was 11/10/2006 XD. Still in the same form I got it except for a couple of minor fingerprints from being handled maybe 2 times. I doubt anyone would care about 1 or 2 fingerprints XD.:) Thanks for the help XD.:)

How much would a complete mint (psa gradeable) condition unlimited web series go for?

I was thinking it would be over 350...?

xxashxx said:
Wow that card sold for a high as $60.00 and a low on one for $35.00 roughly? That card is rare man. That is worth something. A lot more when it is pretty much mint condition. Thanks man. This thread is for cards like this one? Why not ask about these. If it sold for that much why not ask.

Why not ask? Because this thread has evolved into one for asking questions like the one quoted below this. Something that YOU can easily look up on Ebay (You have a perfectly fine internet connection so you should be able to access Ebay) is something YOU can look up whenever YOU want to. You don't need to ask about it here. Why? Because anyone, including you, can go look it up on Ebay, just like I did, and save everyone else from wasting their time doing something you can so easily do yourself.

And guess what? When you can easily look up the value of a card, you can easily find out how valuable your cards are. You could have found out the value of the Charizard at any given time over the past 6 years since you first got it!

bagoly14 said:
How much would a complete mint (psa gradeable) condition unlimited web series go for?

I was thinking it would be over 350...?

That's a tough one - not many records for a complete set (that I can find). I would say easily $350 seeing as some cards go for $5, some for $10, some for $15, and some for $20+. So with a 48 card set, you should easily get $350, probably even closer to $400, especially considering the condition.

Daelum said:
That's a tough one - not many records for a complete set (that I can find). I would say easily $350 seeing as some cards go for $5, some for $10, some for $15, and some for $20+. So with a 48 card set, you should easily get $350, probably even closer to $400, especially considering the condition.

Yeah I was thinking 400+ to the right buyer who is looking for a quality set.

I also couldn't find any records, but if I add the values from the places where I know you can buy the cards individually it is over 350 that's for sure.

How do you think I could get the most value out of the set? Would it be more worth grading the holos and selling the rest or should I just sell them individually or as a set?

I was thinking of grading the holos seeing as the charizard alone is worth 80+ by itself...

Any advice is welcome.

zacktoruka-img600x450-1332652001byz5ks52088.jpg

;)

You could grade all the holos and then just sell the set with graded holos and ungraded non holos. That would really increase the price, while still giving you a good chance of selling.

You could grade the whole set, which would put it at a very nice value, but then you'd have to wait for the exact collector willing to spend a solid amount for them, so it would probably be awhile.

Blui129 said:
Okay, this is the third time I've asked this (please someone answer this time)
Arceus 20/22 Arceus & the Jewel of Life JPN set Promo

$5-$10.

I have the complete set x5

What I hate is when people comment asking things they can do themself it's pure laziness. Also to whoever commented Crystal Charizard isn't rare very few english cards are to be honest. Skyidge is a rare set but the charizard is easily found. I have seen them sell for under $30 Cheapest was with crystal golem $22.99.

Daelum said:
You could grade all the holos and then just sell the set with graded holos and ungraded non holos. That would really increase the price, while still giving you a good chance of selling.

You could grade the whole set, which would put it at a very nice value, but then you'd have to wait for the exact collector willing to spend a solid amount for them, so it would probably be awhile.

That was what I was thinking, grading the holos and selling the rest as is. Would raise the profit considerably but the cost would not be too outrageous.

Thanks for the input.

Just curious, how about a mint Espeon player's promo?

Damn ebay only shows 90 day old auctions...I know one is up for 500+ but hasn't sold for a while...Any guesses what is fair market value?

I was thinking 380-420...

bagoly14 said:
Just curious, how about a mint Espeon player's promo?

Damn ebay only shows 90 day old auctions...I know one is up for 500+ but hasn't sold for a while...Any guesses what is fair market value?

I was thinking 380-420...

While I'm not sure what they've gone for on eBay, I can verify a person I do frequent business with paid $400 for a Mint one earlier this year. I'm not sure if that's a good deal or not since I know very little about Japanese cards but I figured some information is better than none. :p

SoulWind said:
While I'm not sure what they've gone for on eBay, I can verify a person I do frequent business with paid $400 for a Mint one earlier this year. I'm not sure if that's a good deal or not since I know very little about Japanese cards but I figured some information is better than none. :p

Haha that does help, thanks for the input.

It's tough getting back into the pokemon scene again after 10 years, especially the japanese cards. :(

I've got one here;
Is a TCG booster code worth saving? I have no idea. There was once this person who traded me for a few if my card codes, but that was the only person. Ever since that, I've been saving them. (And because multiplayer is down.)

Again, should I save my TCG booster codes? I really want to use them, but not if somebody is going to trade me for them.

No. Play TCG is way better than the PTCGO thing. Trade them away to people who want them. Save them, and when you have a lot you can sell or trade a lot at once to get something worth something back.

o0Flint0o said:
I've got one here;
Is a TCG booster code worth saving? I have no idea. There was once this person who traded me for a few if my card codes, but that was the only person. Ever since that, I've been saving them. (And because multiplayer is down.)

Again, should I save my TCG booster codes? I really want to use them, but not if somebody is going to trade me for them.

People willingly trade/buy the special codes that give more than a booster pack, but the normal booster pack codes only really sell in larger amounts. However, you should still be able to trade for them.
If you want to use them, then use them because their value isn't that high, unless in large quantities. I'm saving some up for the new PTCGO,

What is my Jungle Holo Snorlax worth? I think it might be a Shadowless one but not sure. Can someone post a shadowless one and a regular one so I can use the photos to compare the 2 cards to mine? Thanks XD.:)

xxashxx said:
What is my Jungle Holo Snorlax worth? I think it might be a Shadowless one but not sure. Can someone post a shadowless one and a regular one so I can use the photos to compare the 2 cards to mine? Thanks XD.:)

Snorlax in Jungle was not a Holo. Shadowless is only for Base set.

Hmm I will have to check the card again. I thought it was a holo. Have not looked at my Snorlax card for a long time. I can check on Serebii too. Anyway how much is it worth? Thanks XD.:)

EDIT: Snorlax can be holo in Jungle XD. In Legendary Collection he cannot be holo. I have both the Jungle holo and the Legendary Collection non-holo XD. There is the picture on Serebii XD. If you need a link I can provide one.:)

Back