Event How Many People go to Regionals?

Cati

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, I'm just getting into competitive play FOR REAL this year, and I've only been in the Collinsville Regionals, which people say is pretty big. How many people normally go to the regional championships for each division? Thanks!

UWU - CatiWings

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Regionals vary significantly, mostly by schedule (i.e., based on people needing/not needing points for Worlds in particular, and also by what else is that weekend). You can see the Masters numbers here: https://limitlesstcg.com/tournaments/

From my experience in the midwest, which has 'late' regionals relatively speaking, you get something like 600 masters, 100 seniors, 75 juniors.

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
I've been to Dallas Regionals twice in the last 2 years. Going again this year.

Dallas seems to be the only Expanded Regional that clears 800+ Masters. Part of this is due for 2 reasons:

- Its in the middle of the season while people are still chasing invites
- flights to DFW are much cheaper than some of the other Regional locations.

As far as other Regionals, I can't account for what happens in specific regions as I have no stake in them. Which ones are you planning on going to?

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Thinking about this more, I would say that Collinsville is definitely "bigger" than Madison, around 50% more people in all categories. It's going to be Expanded this year though, so that will limit it some. It probably will still beat Dallas though I suspect.

Fort Wayne and now Milwaukee (formerly Madison) are so close in geography and time that I suspect they'll be smaller (500ish masters) unless there's a huge rush for points. I'd definitely consider going to both; Madison last year was nice, a little quieter than Collinsville but still pretty decent. Fort Wayne is run by the same people as Collinsville I believe.