Ruling how many cards can you have in hand at end of turn?

twitch_77

twitch. . .what's with the pizza?
just learned again how to play last night. . .
i didn't see anywhere in the rule books if there was a limit to your hand size.

lets say i have 17 cards in hand (lol). . .i then attack with my pokemon and it's then the end of my turn.
do i have to discard down to a certian number of cards (like discard cards from my hand, until i've only got 7 left). . .or can i keep my 17 card hand. . .and there's just no hand size limit?
i'm tired. . .hope this question makes sense.
thnx.

nope u cant have as many cards in ure hand as u want. If there an attack that said discards til u have this many then u have to disacard. Like that gator Pokémon in UF.

Your hand size can be as big as you want.

The only things countering this are:
-Championship Arena (Stadium)
-Mightyena (DX)
-Feraligatr (UF)

There's probably more but I cant think of any else.

It can be a total of 57 cards after you start your turn. One as a prize, one as a basic, and one as an energy. So yes, there is no limit to hand size unless something affects it.

Yes, 58 cards is the max, since you can use elekid from neo, and not have to waste an energy attachment, and draw 5 prizes that way.

Actually, 60 cards is the max, you'll just win at the same time.

RE:  how many cards can you have in hand at end of turn?

Whicker said:
Actually, 60 cards is the max, you'll just win at the same time.
Really? Mind explaining how you have a basic in play as well??? You can't have a basic not in play and have all 6 prizes as well.

Sabrina's Gastly vs a pokemon with 30 HP remaining. You have one prize remaining. Opponent has no benched pokemon.
Attack to KO the defending, and Sabrina's Gastly returns to your hand. You also draw your last prize. You win the game because you win two ways (benching and prizes) while your opponent only has one win condition (benching).
You can then have 60 cards in your hand.

thanks guys. . .was just making sure, cause in every other card game i've played you got some kind of hand restriction.
i also like the new rule where you can only have 60 cards in a deck (no more, no less). makes it a much better game imo.
thnx.

Back