How Many Basic Pokemon and Evolution Pokemon You Should Have in Your deck!

kawaii_Mew

I'll never forget..as long as I wear it.
You must have at least 3 Basic pokemon of one type and 2 Stage 1 pokemon that evolves from those Pokemon and 1 Stage 2 Pokemon that evolves from that Pokemon. Get it?

Example if you don't get it...

3 Oddish

2 Gloom

1 Bellosom

That is completely incorrect analysis. Lines can really work in any form depending on how they are used in the deck.

No, wrong analysis. People can 3-2-1 line but that will make your deck very weak(Depending on your deck). Usually people will play 2-1-2, 3-2-3 or 4-3-4.....
the number of basic & evolution pokemon in a deck is depending on how you build the deck....

If we should go by that, it means only 2 stage 2 in the end. (4-3-2) Many decks need more than that, and can't waste room with those unneeded basics and stage 1s, especially when Rare Candies can skip a stage 1.

I even play with 5 Stage 2's in one evolution line (Ex included). Your analysis is from the Before-Rare Candy-Era...

Yeah, but they still had Pokémon Breader back then. It wasn't used as much as Rare Candy today, but...

BobChao said:
Yeah, but they still had Pokémon Breader back then. It wasn't used as much as Rare Candy today, but...
Breeder was in the first format, I believe. For years it was Candy/Breederless from what I know.

Arcanine out.

Occasionally, you'll even see a 1-0-1 line, also. But the most common line for a main attacker is 3-2-3. Some lines that can take a Stage 2 evolution from their normal and EX self will go 4-3-5 (4-3-3/2).

If I remember correctly, Lv. X's will have to be dealt with differently in the new format, and I'm interested to see how it works. So, just to make sure I'm right (And if I am, this is to anyone who's reading and doesn't know), the Pokemon count as having the same name as their original selves, correct? For example, you can't have 3 regular Emperte and 3 Lv. X Emperte because that would total to 6 of the same Pokemon, and of course the max is 4 (Unlike EXs, Dark, and so on). So I'm wondering if people will try 3-2-3-1 lines if they wish to include them, since 3-2-2-2 lines seem too inconsistent to pull off.

I just buy the theme decks so don't have to worry because I can't make a deck very well so I just collect the cards for fun.:)

Well I think people may run 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-3-1 with candies as well as farmer to be sure. That way you can always just get them back fromt he discard if things don't go your way. Also, you can use Mr. Briney to pick up a lvlx as it's not an Ex. :(

Unless they eratta it.

Wrong. Only people that just started playing does that. See all the expert players here, do they use 3-2-1 line? No.

I've been here a looooooong time, but I play a 3-2-1 line. Why? Can't find anymore stage 2's or Candies. Can't trade for them either unless the other end is an idiot.

Back