Collecting How likely is it that a pack fresh card will be PSA 9 or better?

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
I’m curious because I’m wondering if it’s worth getting my Zamazenta V black and gold full Art graded when it finally arrived. If there is a good chance of it being Mint or GEM Mint, I would be more likely to do so. I understand that not all pack-fresh cards are PSA 10, and that many more “recent” (not that recent, actually, early BW through flash fire”) had notoriously bad quality control, and that it’s not just quality control but centering. What is the likelihood of PSA 9 and above cards being pulled straight out of a Sword and Shield era pack or as a Sword and Shield promo? And what measures would you recommend in terms of self-grading to see if the card stands a fair chance of being PSA 9 or better? I guess it doesn’t really matter as I’m more of a casual collector... SERIOUS, but CASUAL (by which I mean I enjoy collecting singles and opening packs on a limited budget and sleeving cards as appropriate to their value but not spending a lot on either packs or protection), I just want to know in case I get anything valuable (and I figured a box-fresh Ultra Premium Zamazenta V would be worth sending in if it stood a fair chance of being PSA 9 or better).

Last edited: