Pokemon How has Pokemon changed your life?

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
Im not sure if this is the right place for this thread, so if its not change it mods. Anyway how has Pokemon changed you guys? For me I used to be really shy, but with Pokemon I have met lots of new people and im also pretty outgoing now. Pokemon has also changed how I spend money, because now I cant spend as much money on video games and I have to fit in money for a box of cards and some packs.

RE: How has Pokemon changed you?

That's a difficult question for me to answer, since I got into Pokemon at a young age and haven't left the fanbase since. I don't really remember what I was like before Pokemon that well.

One thing I think it did do for me was spark my interest in video games, as Pokemon Silver was not only my first Pokemon game, but my first video game period. So I guess there's that.

I've been a Pokémon fan since 1999, when I was 7. I can say that this franchise definetely affected my life and helped defining who I am now.

It helped me meet and hang out with other Pokemon fans when I still went to league, many, many moons ago. I was shy (still am) so it helped me break out of my shell a bit during duels and while trading cards. It also created a bond with my dad and me. It seemed like he was just as obsessed as I was in wanting to collect all the cards. We'd have a system, where he'd open the packs and show me each card individually, saving the rare for last. Very good memories.

I've been into the pokemon fanbase for a few years, and it definitely changed who I am today. I never really cared for video games, but when I saw a cool red dragon on a fire colored game box (Charizard on the FireRed game case) it made me want to check it out. I played it and thought it was really cool. The I got Yellow, LeafGreen, and Emerald, which were all fun. My excitement only heightened when I learned that there was going to be a pokemon DS game, and bought Diamond the day it was released. The TCG has definitely sparked my interest on many levels, and is my number 1 favorite pass time.

Well, I wouldn't say I have met loads of friends through it and that. I don't play the TCG, so I don't meet people. Online I have that's fun, with YouTube and Forums. I really only collect a bit now, nothing as much as I used to. I play the games when I can, but it's hard to make loads of time for it. I do feel though, my childhood wouldn't of been nearly as fun without Pokémon. I do cherish it and would truly be upset if it were cancelled, I do hope that it continues. If I have kids when I am married and settled down, I'd love to share Pokémon with them. Nostalgia is what drives the older fans, curiosity and fun is what drives the younger fans.

I started to get into Pokémon when I was 8, then I stopped when I was about 10 and got back into it when I was about 12 and I've been with it since.

Bolt the Cat said:
That's a difficult question for me to answer, since I got into Pokemon at a young age and haven't left the fanbase since. I don't really remember what I was like before Pokemon that well.

Pretty much what I was gonna write o.o

Mitja said:
Bolt the Cat said:

Pretty much what I was gonna write o.o

Yup yup, I started around 4, so... Yeah. I can try imagining never having contact with Pokemon... I'd probably still be into video games, since my brother owned a SNES. But I'd have basically no friends: Pretty much all my friends at school from kindergarten onwards started with Pokemon. Two of my friends at home, kinda started with Pokemon. A few friends I left in Florida, all met at TCG events. Online friends, well, all started with PB. I also wouldn't be a mod (on any site, I mean :p), and that's changed me a good bit.

I had always been bad at sports and added on to that I was cursed with being extremely competitive so Pokemon is really an outlet for me. It also helped me make some friends so that's cool also i guess. Oh and I think that you all smell like lemons ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I and a lot of others, joined Pokémon then quit and came back a few times. I started at 4-9,11-13,14-15,17-. I quit for a few years on a number of occasions, I am not entirely sure why. I just get so busy, loose interest then go back.

Back