How do you get YOUR fossil Pokémon into play?

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I have heard that running fossils is a waste of deck space because Strange Cave can get them out for you. However, Strange Cave is only once a turn, your opponent can utilize it, too, and if your opponent drops a counter Stadium and you have no way to get Strange Cave into play next turn, you can be stuck with a bunch of Evolution cards in your hand that your opponent can take advantage of with Copycat/Holon Scientist.

On the other hand, if you choose to go from the fossil into your Pokémon, you can play other Stadiums that benefit you (like Island Cave). However, you run the risk of only getting fossils to start, and if the opponent is playing ATM Ice, you're done for if they have it in their hand.

I myself run 3 or 4 Strange Cave and throw in two fossils for good measure. It seems to work out rather well. Assuming you would do more than just tech 1 fossil Pokémon in your deck, how would you go about getting them into play?

Just a thought.

Kaito

Aspiring Trainer
Hiya,
Lunatone is your best choice of getting fossils. If you don't want, in the upcoming set(Holon Phantoms), there is this trainer card:
Holon Fossil - Trainer
Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for an Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl(ex),
Lileep, or Anorith and play it onto your Bench. If tails, play 1 of those cards
from your hand onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck if you looked through it. Treat
the new Pokemon as a Basic Pokemon.

cya.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Lunatone? You mean the Legend Maker one?

Zapdos ex

*sigh*...that is very sad...
just use influence and other cards that get out fossils....
but i like to use fossils for other reasons.

Umbreon666

Honorer of the Eon's
I hate fossils... too bad for Armaldo EX ^^. Use Lunatone to get the FOSSILS, you might have a stadium in play you still want.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Yup use a lunatone or mysterious fossil to get your fossil pokemon or use root fossil or any trainer that is a fossil will do.:)