HoS's Card Fakes *Ghost of Days Gone By - Solrock? I don't know what I'm doing*

HeroOfSinnoh

Dead
I'm a very sadistic person. Hi. No, I'm not back. Yes, I'm bored. Oh, yes, I'm still alive, somewhere.

Welcome to HeroOfSinnoh's <AKA : HoS> humble fake card showcase. Please do enjoy yourself here viewing the variety of cards and other stuff related to fake cards.
Please feel free to :- Comment / Criticise / Rate

Random Cards (Newest to Oldest)

{P}Solrock EX 03/18/2014 - Pristine. :')
{P}Mewtwo Lv.X2 :: PROJECT OCM
{C}Garchomp Lv.X2 :: PROJECT OCM
{C}Zerkom Lv.X2 :: PROJECT OCM
{P}Giratina Lv.X2 BETA :: PROJECT OCM~
{G}Servine PROJECT OCM
{R}Chaoboo PROJECT OCM
{W}Dewott PROJECT OCM
{R}Tepig PROJECT OCM
{G}Snivy PROJECT OCM
{P}Woobat PROJECT OCM
{W}Oshawott PROJECT OCM
{W}Seismitoad PROJECT OCM
{F}Machamp PROJECT OCM
{C}Super Togekiss-OCM Blanks
{C}Togepi-Ascending Allures
{C}{C}{C}Hero Arena [Stadium Card]-Ascending Allures
{C}{C}{C}Victorious Trumpet [Supporter Card]-Ascending Allures
{C}Salamence (Japanese) - Ascending Allures
{P}Mew - Ascending Allures
{P}{F}Mewtwo DELTA -Ascending Allures
{P}Celebi ☆ - Ascending Allures
{C}Flygon - Ascending Allures
{W}Swampert EX - Ascending Allures
{W}Luvdisc GL
{W}Floatzel GL
{W}Dewgong GL
{G}Snivy B/W
{P}Galactic Hypno
{W}Mijyube - Lost Voice's Ongan Region Fakemon
{R}{D}Delta Species Garchomp
{R}Shiny Charizard (Get Well Soon Asaki)
{W}Blastoise ex (Get Well Soon Asaki)
{G}Nattorei in Gliscor's B/W Blanks.
{F}Nidoking on B/W Blanks
{P}Seviper on B/W Blanks
{G}Vileplume in B/W Blanks
{D}Blue Moon Absol
{W}Mijumaru in Starlight Blank
Summonization of Doomsday
Rituals Of Doomsday
{D}Doomsday Pikachu
{D}{D}Zorua and Zoroark
{P}{L}Latios & Rayquaza LEGEND
{P}Harrison's Muk
{D}Zero's Darkrai Lv.X
Pixel Series Intro
{F}Pixel Flameryder
{P}Harrison's Mismagius

Sometimes updates on my thread maybe very slow due to my school work

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Bunch of Random Cards.

For Palkia's Gate Open attack, try having the description lines a bit more slanted, just to fit the Legend theme. Also, for the horizontal scale of your text, it seems that all of the characters are too close to each other. Try increasing the horizontal scale to about 105% for all of the cards, giving more space.

Finally, all numbers should be written numerically. For example, "one" should be "1".

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

Wow, pretty nice, HeroOfSinnoh! I'd adjust the spacing between lines a little more -- try at least the font size + 1. I do like what you've done to the Gallade and Manaphy blanks as well.

Also, you didn't draw that Palkia -- it's Xous'. Please edit!

Light Venusaur

Deidara~Senpai's student (in training)
Advanced Member

Also the Manaphy's from POP9.
Illus is: Mazakazu Fukuda.
Please give credit to the right artist/s.
I always do when I'm using someone's peice of art (I even ask them to this day if I can still use it (even if they've passed on in life))

HeroOfSinnoh

Dead

Gliscor said:
For Palkia's Gate Open attack, try having the description lines a bit more slanted, just to fit the Legend theme. Also, for the horizontal scale of your text, it seems that all of the characters are too close to each other. Try increasing the horizontal scale to about 105% for all of the cards, giving more space.

Finally, all numbers should be written numerically. For example, "one" should be "1".

Thanks big time for your help man :) As I always get advice from other card makers I promise to use the advice you've given me into good use :D

CMP said:
Wow, pretty nice, HeroOfSinnoh! I'd adjust the spacing between lines a little more -- try at least the font size + 1. I do like what you've done to the Gallade and Manaphy blanks as well.

Also, you didn't draw that Palkia -- it's Xous'. Please edit!

Thank you for your compliments CMP. Also earlier those days I just used my name as the illustrator ('cause I was a stupid noob I guess) but as you may have noticed the first three cards which I made recently has the proper illustrators name. I would like to edit the illustrators name in Palkia but I don't have the PSD. file to it anymore :( So I hope Xous can forgive me...

Chiraami said:
And why is Poliwag there twice?

Ooops... My bad, should have been Misty's Staryu :p Thanks for showing that out man. I'll post Misty's Staryu now.

Light Venusaur said:
Also the Manaphy's from POP9.
Illus is: Mazakazu Fukuda.
Please give credit to the right artist/s.
I always do when I'm using someone's peice of art (I even ask them to this day if I can still use it (even if they've passed on in life))

I apologize for what I have done. I made those long ago and didn't know I should use the real artist's name BUT I'm doing so now :D Hope you guys can forgive me. As well as the artist....

I'm posting Misty's Staryu now. I should have posted it before but I jumbled it up with Max's Poliwag's URL. Thanks to Chiraami for showing me that :)

sstaryu.png

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

Thank you, Light Venusaur, for pointing out the real illustrator of the Manaphy...I couldn't place it.

HeroOfSinnoh said:
Thank you for your compliments CMP. Also earlier those days I just used my name as the illustrator ('cause I was a stupid noob I guess) but as you may have noticed the first three cards which I made recently has the proper illustrators name. I would like to edit the illustrators name in Palkia but I don't have the PSD. file to it anymore :( So I hope Xous can forgive me...

First, ask Xous for his permission in his art thread, as you always should. I'll be able to fix it.

Light Venusaur

Advanced Member

^Your Welcome.
I knew that it was from POP9, as someone from my leauge also has it...so I went to SPPF's card lists to see if I could find it (which I did).
So, I opened up notepad to type it on there....so I just copied & pasted it from there.

HeroOfSinnoh

Dead
HeroOfSinnoh's Fakes!

The epitome of {D} is back in mind blowing virtuality!

darkraiprime.png

Image credit goes to Mistygemmy and ... Who's Windstorm? He's the guy I made this card for. :D

Rate and Comment!

Darkrai Prime Translation

Poke-Power - Dreams Of Full Moon
Once during your turn (before your attack) you may flip 2 coins. If both are heads the Defending Pokémon is now Asleep. During you next turn if the same Pokémon is still Asleep place 3 damage counters on that Pokémon. This power cannot be used if Darkrai is affected by a Special Condition.

Attack = Echo Moon 50

BTW : Can somebody tell me a place to find Prime Basic Cards 'cause I had to edit this and it was hard :D

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
RE: DWD? Destruction with Darkrai!

There are no basic Prime blanks yet. Yeah, so unless basic Prime blanks will be made from Celebi Prime we'd have to edit the evolution blanks.

You should lower the opac of the shine a bit. The shine really just seems to be the focal of the image, and a focal that's too bright.

Nod3

her majesty

I can fix nearly anything.... You don't need a PSD file. Only brains. anyway, cool stuff.

viper.fox

色違いピジョット

Not bad at all, but a tip for you.

When it comes to attack names, Poke-Bodies, and Poke-Powers: never use kanji. The only time kanji is used on a card is in the body text describing the effect of an attack (if applicable), or how the body/power works.

I also recommend trying to get your hands on the font Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro N. It's the official font for the Japanese cards. It's a standard on Mac, but I'm sure with enough digging online you could find it. Set to size W6/33 for attacks it's perfect. To see an example of it on a fake, see this example I made, or alternatively this one. I reckon with that font tweak, it'd really make your card shine.

HeroOfSinnoh

Dead

:D Thanks a million times pal! I was desperately searching for the proper Japanese texts. Your cards amazed me so much I saved the Latias and Latios Legend to my computer :) and since you seem well informed about these Japanese cards I thought you might be the person to ask...
Do you know anywhere I can find a Japanese Symbolsheet? Or if you have one can you please give me a link? Because my symbols resolution is very low... Thanks again :D

viper.fox

色違いピジョット

When it comes to symbols like Base (たね), 1st Stage Evolution (1進化), and 2nd Stage Evolution (2進化) I actually use my own card scans and merge the info box with that symbol onto the card base. Same for Power/Bodies, since there isn't really a decent resource sheet for them. If I were any good with vectoring, I'd make my own sheet for people to use, but I'm rubbish at that kind of thing.

For energies I use the database at Pokemon.com due to the vector quality of them (and honestly, for fake cards they're the right size.)

Light Venusaur

Advanced Member

Nice card, I like to see people make more of the Japanese kinds.
off topic: Viper, I've borrowed your scans of Jp (Jungle) Nidorina & Flareon so that HeroOfSinnoh can get Double Kick & Quick Attack from them for me (as I'm making my 1st Jp fake card).

HeroOfSinnoh

Dead

When it comes to symbols like Base (たね), 1st Stage Evolution (1進化), and 2nd Stage Evolution (2進化) I actually use my own card scans and merge the info box with that symbol onto the card base. Same for Power/Bodies, since there isn't really a decent resource sheet for them. If I were any good with vectoring, I'd make my own sheet for people to use, but I'm rubbish at that kind of thing.

For energies I use the database at Pokemon.com due to the vector quality of them (and honestly, for fake cards they're the right size.)

Thanks a bunch man:D Really wanted to find the Poke-body and power symbols properly and I might try and do a symbol sheet 'cause I'm not half bad at vectoring ;)

Nice card, I like to see people make more of the Japanese kinds.
off topic: Viper, I've borrowed your scans of Jp (Jungle) Nidorina & Flareon so that HeroOfSinnoh can get Double Kick & Quick Attack from them for me (as I'm making my 1st Jp fake card).

Thanks Light Venusaur :D