• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Honchkrow-GX Using the New Obstagoon

JFlo

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not the best at making decks so any suggestions would be a big help. Trying to find a deck that would suit the new Obstagoon from Darkness Ablaze and I believe honchkrow GX could be a match.

Honchkrow - GX - Darkness - HP210
Stage 1 - Evolves from Murkrow

Ability - Ruler of the Night
As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, your opponent can't play any Pokémon Tool, Special Energy, or Stadium cards from their hand.

[D][C][C] Feather Storm - 90
This attack does 30 damage to 2 of your opponents benched Pokemon-GX and Pokemon-EX (Don't apply weakness and resistance to benched pokemon)

[C][C] Unfair-GX
Your opponent reveals their hand. Discard two cards from it. (you can't use more than 1 GX attack a game)

Weakness Lightning (x2)
Resistance Fighting (-20)
retreat: 2

Galarian Obstagoon - Darkness - HP170
Stage 2 – Evolves from Galarian Linoone

Ability: Bad Ruler
Once during your turn, you may have your opponent discard cards from their hand until they have 4 cards left.

[C][C][C] Knuckle Impact: 180 damage. This Pokemon can’t attack during your next turn.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Decklist:

Pokemon: 17
2 Honchkrow-GX UNB 109
3 Murkrow UNB 108
4 Jirachi TEU 99
4 Galarian Zigzagoon SSH 117
2 galarian obstagoon DAB
2 Absol TEU 88

Stadiums: 3
1 Black Market Prism Star TEU 134
2 Galar Mine RCL 160

Supporters: 10
4 Piers DAB
4 Professor's Research SSH 178
2 Guzma & Hala CEC 193

Items: 20
2 Island Challenge Amulet CEC 194
4 Dusk Stone UNB 167
2 Rare Candy SSH 180
2 Evolution Incense SSH 163
3 Quick Ball SSH 179
2 Pokemon Communication TEU 152
2 Reset Stamp UNM 206
3 Switch SSH 183

Energy: 10
2 Capture Energy RCL 171
4 Hide Energy DAB
4 Darkness Energy

Strategy:
start with Murkrow or Jirachi and try to get a dusk stone so you can evolve immediately into Hunchkrow GX. Then try to get the new Galarian Obstagoon up so you can limit your opponent's hand. Use the GX attack when you can to limit your opponent's hand to 2 cards. Hunchkrow GX's ability will make it even harder to play cards from the draw.

Things I might add:
Chip Chip Ice Axe.

The new Hoopa from Darkness Ablaze as a second attacker (third if you include Obstagoon as a attacker)

Scoop Up Net for the Zigzagoons

Add one more Galar mine

Add one more Galarian Obstagoon

I'm new to Pokebeach, so if I'm doing anything wrong, let me know. Thanks.

Twin energy cannot be put on honchcrow
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even notice. That's going to make this a lot more inconsistent. I think I'll replace it with capture energy and add more basic Dark energy.

Do you think it would be good to add one triple acceleration energy in case I want to attack with obstagoon for 180 or 360 on weakness?

I'm afraid it's not good idea. When playing Honchkrow decks, you'd like to use Unfair GX asap. In order to limit your opponent's hand to 4, using Marnie is much easier than a Zigzagoon-Candy-Obstagoon combo.

Back