Discussion Honchkrow Guardian's Rising

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
I was at a prerelease last weekend and left surprised at how powerful honchkrow was for quite a few decks. One dark energy allows 30 damage to opponents pokemon. If you are able to get an opponent with an active trapped you could start damaging bench with feint attack. Raven's claw then does 10 + damage on all opponents pokemon. Seeing this was a prerelease it was much easier to accomplish. Raven's claw also only requires a dce. I am looking forward to trying it out with attackers that are capable of spreading damage across the bench alakazam and M alakazam, trevenant, umbreon Gx etc...or my favourite Primal Kyogre (although only effective against ex heavy decks).

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
It might also be funny with the upcoming promo Tapu Koko, who does 20 spread with a DCE. Free retreat is never shabby either.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Could actually be quite deadly with promo Tapu Koko, Team Magma's Secret Base, and Bursting Balloon. I made a deck based around these cards, you can go look at my list in the deck garage if you like. :D

BearFlagTCG

MadCow
I think it will see some play with the Tapu Koko and Bursting Balloon. IMO its a really good card, but it seems to be easily countered. Only time will tell, but i'm definitely gonna build a deck with it.

aroymart

Aspiring Trainer
I like the idea of Tapu Koko + Sky field + Big Malasada + Honchkrow. Getting as many of them onto the field and then murdering them with tapu koko until the last minute.

Taking down pokemon makes you pretty weak though. I feel like it doesn't have much of a chance of being consistent

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
I agree about consistency and especially the idea of getting weaker with each Pokemon you take out. The ideal,situation would be Lysandre a healthy Pokemon to the active in order to knock it out due to the damage on the bench. Because if the active has most of opponents damage then the attack damage drops to almost nothing.