Ruling Holon Energy GL

Roy 747

eeveelutions collector
today i was playing with my flariados vs. his meganium ex/sunflora deck. he has a sunflora avtive w/ a grass energey and a GL energy attached. It's my turn and i evolve my eevee into Flareon EX and use evolutionary flame and his sunflora is now burned and confused. It's his turn and he did not roll for burn. he plays energy switch and switches his grass energy to his benched bayleef and plays another GL on his sunflora and tries to green blast but i say he has 2 roll 4 confusion because GL says it is not affected by any special conditions but it does not say that it removes them. How does this work out??

thx in advance

He wasn't supposed to be burned and confused by Evolutionary Flame as he couldn't be affected by special conditions due to the effect of Holon Energy GL + Grass energy. Hope this answers your question.

What he said. It's just the old phrase from the Wizards cards reworded. These two phrases (for most purposes) mean the same thing:

1. Wizard's sentence
"Cannot be Asleep, Confused, Paralyzed, or Poisoned."

2. Nintendo's sentence
"Cannot be affected by Special Conditions."

They changed the sentence around when Burn was introduced, since it was balanced out as a Special Condition due to its brokenness when it first came out.

As far as your question goes, Confusion and Burn never hit him if he already had the GL energy attached, therefore they couldn't possibly be removed because they were never on him.

but what will happen if the special condition comes first, then GL got attached on the next turn ? remove it or not?

TYranitarFReak said:
but what will happen if the special condition comes first, then GL got attached on the next turn ? remove it or not?

The Compendium said:
== HOLON ENERGY FF/GL/WP (EX: Delta Species)

Q. If I have a Pokémon with basic Grass Energy attached that is affected by one or more Special Conditions, when I attach Holon Energy GL is it cured of those conditions?
A. Yes, it would remove Special Conditions on that Pokémon. (Nov 3, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Back