Discussion Ho-Oh gx and Delphox

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
I had just been playing my delphox deck online to finish daily challenges and found it difficult to get delphox break up and running. I think running 4 Ho-Oh along with 4 delphox and 2-3# break Pokemon could work. Along with Kiawe Delphox could be up and running turn three (originally I was thinking turn two but forgot kiawe ends turn).

I think Delphox may be overlooked somewhat as the new format for the most part require energy (minus Greninja and Garbodor). Delphox does 20x all energy so when your opponent is energy accelerating to keep Bulu, Lapras, Metagross etc ready to attack you could do that much more damage.

Turn one Ho-oh gx Attach an energy, kiawe (hopefully with another basic on bench) and then use gx to get delphox turn two. I think turn three is most optimal if you could get at least one break and double colourless, allows you to attack with delphox. Turn 3# you have two Ho-Oh setup with a delphox setup and 2 more delphox on bench. At this point you have 10x20 energy 200 damage plus opponents energy plus choice band etc.

Not sure if turn three is too slow.

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
Ho-Oh GX only grabs Fire type "EX or GX" from discard.

Oops...Guess I should have gone back to read card before posting this. I thought it grabbed any fire Pokemon...oh well,there goes that thought.

Even without Ho-Oh I still think Delphox could be successful. The problem is getting multiple stage 3s to keep going when one gets knocked out.