• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Ho-Oh EX for Regionals

grantm1999

VileGar
Not sure if I'm playing this, but here's the list.
It is focused on Bouffalant two-shotting everything while packing
counters for all the popular non-EXs:

4 Bouffalant DRX
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Ho-Oh EX
1 Thundurus EPO (counters Empoleon)
1 Terrakion NVI (counters Bouff as well as Darkrai)
1 Meloetta (dem sigilyph)

4 Juniper
4 N
2 Bianca
3 Random Receiver
4 Catcher
2 Switch
2 Tool Scrapper
4 Ultra Ball
4 Eviolite (too good)
1 Computer Search
1 Revive
4 Energy Switch

4 Lightning
3 Fighting
3 Psychic
4 DCE

I know some more stuff would be helpful in here but I don't want to take out anything.

Why Mellotta and not Sigiltyph? Best Sigiltyph counter there is I think

lol @ sigiltyph and mellotta
Sigilpyh counters EXs mostly and I don't have any and Meloetta counters Sigilyph better.
And melo takes less energy. ... but yes you have a point.

Thanks for the offer, Bo$$, I'll need to test more to see if I even am playing this deck and if i want sigilyph in it.

Your running way to many Bouffalant I would take atleast 2 out because 4 is over kill and I would add another Mewtwo (so then mewtwo wars are always in your favor) and for the other spot either add a Tornadus EX or a Landorus EX. Also I wouldnt worry about Empoleon hardly anyone plays it so I would take out Thundurus for another Ho- Oh. I would also take out the Revive and an Eviolite for 2 Switch, because people are constantly gonna be catchering up your Terrakion and if even 1 of your switches is prized your kinda screwed. One last thing I would take out 3 Lightning for 3 other random energy in case if you ever have to attack with Ho- Oh. So to sum it up the changes I would make are:
-2 Bouffalant
-1 Thundurus
-1 Revivie
-1 Eviolite
-3 Lightning
+1 Mewtwo EX
+1 Tornadus EX/Landorus EX (whichever one counters your meta better)
+1 Ho- Oh EX
+2 Switch
+1 Grass
+1 Dark
+1 Water
Hope I helped you out good luck at Regionals.

4 is actually pretty good in Ho-oh. Keldeo really hates that thing and so does Darkrai, especially with Eviolite.

The deck basically IS Bouffalant, of course I'm running four. Tornadus EX isn't that good bcuz I have no stadiums and it's really unnecessary. Considering Lando. Not really sure how helpful it would be though.

grantm1999 said:
The deck basically IS Bouffalant, of course I'm running four. Tornadus EX isn't that good bcuz I have no stadiums and it's really unnecessary. Considering Lando. Not really sure how helpful it would be though.

Yeah I would probaply go with Lando too.

Tornadus EX is used more for Power Blast since it can get more energy in the discard. It's also a really good attacker in general. I would listen to what DirtyDan was saying. Due to its diversity, four of anything in Ho-Oh is overkill. It is a toolbox, and what good is a toolbox full of hammers. The only thing I'd disagree with is taking out Thundurus, and only because I assume there are still some in your meta. Although, you can most likely overpower Stage 2 decks at the start with Mewtwo, so teching for it wouldn't be too important.

I've decided not to play this for regionals because I've tested Keldeo a lot and I just have a bad matchup against it. There's just going to be a TON of Keldeo so I'd rather not risk this one. mod can lock
Thanks for the advice guys, just after testing it's really not that great.

grantm1999 said:
I've decided not to play this for regionals because I've tested Keldeo a lot and I just have a bad matchup against it. There's just going to be a TON of Keldeo so I'd rather not risk this one. mod can lock
Thanks for the advice guys, just after testing it's really not that great.

You're probably making the mistake of actually getting Ho-Oh out. Just swarm Mewtwos (easier to do with more than two). Try to always have a benched Mewtwo ready to revenge KO opposing Mewtwo. The matchup isn't too bad if you play it accurately, but if you're still struggling, you could include Shaymin EX or Virizion. Ho-Oh can be a really strong play if you play it right.

Yeah just hope that you dont start with Ho- Oh and your in pretty good shape. Mewtwo Ex and Sigilyph can put a real hurting on Keldeo Blastoise. Also if you can fit a stadium in there Tornadus EX can be a beast taking out Squirtles very quickly

Thanks and all, but I know how to play against Keldeo, I got second at a Cities in a field of them with Ho-Oh. That was just a different variant. Sometimes I have to Rebirth to accelerate and if you've ever played the matchup then you know it's not as simple as "spam Mewtwo". They can do that too, but they have acceleration that won't give up two prizes, not to mention the amount of energy Mewtwo needs to OHKO Keldeo with how little support. I will agree that Eviolite is really helpful in the matchup of Mewtwo vs. Keldeo but still unfavorable; and I don't want to play any deck with even a remotely unfavorable matchup to Keldeo for Regionals. Their raw power is too great.

It is as simple as spam Mewtwo if you can keep them from setting up Blastoise, meaning KO the Squirtles. If they don't have Blastoise set up, you win the Mewtwo war. And if you placed 2nd in a "field on Keldeo", might I suggest reverting back to that varriant. I'm sure you're aware of the importance of playing something you are familiar with. Whatever you choose for Regionals, good luck.

Uh, what? Why would you focus the list on getting Bouffalants out with no Aspertia? Keldeo now needs an extra Energy to KO you, and it get's rid of there Tropical Beach. And you can possibly take an extra hit from Darkrai, if you have Aspertia + Eviolite and they don't have a Dark Claw or Tool Scrapper. I would recommend another Mewtwo as well.

-1 Scrapper (1 is enough, Eviolite's aren't a big problem for Bouffalant)
-1 Lightning (4 Lightnings for a tech? Naaaaaawwwww)
-1 Revive (Space :3)

+1 Mewtwo EX
+2 Asperia City Gym

I know you don't really want to play the deck for Regionals, but the no Aspertia just seemed like such a glaring flaw to me that no one else has noticed.

Yeah I realized that I didn't have Aspertia, but I didn't know what to take out. I like having the fourth Lightning because of the Empoleon matchup. Empoleon is a really bad matchup so I need to be able to use Thundurus' Disaster Volt twice without relying on Ho-Oh. Revive is mandatory because against certain matchups (Quad Sigilyph, Bouffalant variants, and Empoleon) I need to use my respective counters (Terrakion, Meloetta, and Thundurus) more than once. Also, Eviolite is a problem because most Landorus decks that use Eviolite also use one-two copies of Potion which turns Gold Breaker into a 3HKO.

Machamp the Champion said:
Uh, what? Why would you focus the list on getting Bouffalants out with no Aspertia? Keldeo now needs an extra Energy to KO you, and it get's rid of there Tropical Beach. And you can possibly take an extra hit from Darkrai, if you have Aspertia + Eviolite and they don't have a Dark Claw or Tool Scrapper. I would recommend another Mewtwo as well.

-1 Scrapper (1 is enough, Eviolite's aren't a big problem for Bouffalant)
-1 Lightning (4 Lightnings for a tech? Naaaaaawwwww)
-1 Revive (Space :3)

+1 Mewtwo EX
+2 Asperia City Gym

I know you don't really want to play the deck for Regionals, but the no Aspertia just seemed like such a glaring flaw to me that no one else has noticed.

The list I was going for was less centralized on Bouffalant, but you could go that route, too.

Back