• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Hit and Run Slaking/Donphan (WIP)

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
4 Slakoth
2 Vigoroth
4 Slaking
2 Phanpy
2 Donphan
1 Oranguru (Instruct)
1 Diancie Prism Star
2 Tapu Lele GX

4 Rare Candy
4 Ultra Ball
4 Switch
2 Guzma
3 Cynthia
2 Judge
2 Bodybuilding Dumbells
2 Friend Ball
2 Energy Recycle System

8 Fighting Energy
4 DCE

Last edited:
You'll really want to have 4 DCE's to make sure you can attack with Donphan as quickly as possible, as well as turning Slaking into a legitimate attacking option.

I also second the Max Potion suggestion, allowing Slaking to tank more than just a couple of hits in such an aggressive metagame.

I would get rid of the Bodybuilding Dumbbells for Choice Bands and definitely do what Acetrainer_Samwise and JumpluffTCG said and add some Max Potions and Double Colourless energies.

You'll really want to have 4 DCE's to make sure you can attack with Donphan as quickly as possible, as well as turning Slaking into a legitimate attacking option.

I also second the Max Potion suggestion, allowing Slaking to tank more than just a couple of hits in such an aggressive metagame.

I agree with this, but a 1 of copycat would be awesome against Zoroark variants to punish their constant drawing and get you back in the game

"I find your lack of Float Stones disturbing..."
- Darth Vader
In all seriousness, Float Stones are much better than Switch, so I would replace all your Switches with Float Stones.

I was thinking post rotation with the trainer/items since by the time we get these cards, there will be a month left in the format.

multi-switch is a great option for being able to take a knockout with slacking. and I assume you are talking about the new Donphan, also it is probable better to play a split of energy recycler and energy retrieval since recycle system seams like an awkward middle ground.

Back