higher price worth it or not?

furiouswildcat

Aspiring Trainer
so what do you guys think about the slightly higher price in the new dp sets ? do you really care about that extra card ? and what do you think about the quality of the cards ? do you even care about the price or what?

-personaly at first it got on my nerves , for people like me that are wanting to save up money for better things , every penny counts. it dosent sound as good when you take $10 now and  could only get about 2 boosters than compared to previouly being able to get three boosters in the ex sets . plus now the odds are even worse to get one of those ex replacements . but  now that i actually have gotten my hands on some of those boosters my opinion has completly changed. this new generation seems to even things out more and bring back more of the feel i loved from the classic sets. plus actually pulling my first lv.x felt more exciting now that they are harder to get . and is it just me or does the quality of the actual cards seem better . the foils are amazing and even seem to shine brighter .i really like how you could see the shine troughout the whole card at certain angles.

Right now it's something like
1 reverse (common/uncommon/rare)
1 rare/holo rare
2 uncommons
and 5 commons
right?
If so, do the new packs contain a guaranteed 3 uncommons? If so it's worth it.

For me it is worth!:) We haven't got DP in our country yet but I saw the cards from the internet and they are way cooler than the older series. New style and added random card is good. If your lucky enough you may picked out 2 LvX in a pack (if it is possible).

Because they said that there is a possibility to have 2 rares in a pack. So I assumed that there is a possibility to have 2 LvX. But we'd still have to correct it by buying many packs or a box to clarify this.

iananne07 said:
Because they said that there is a possibility to have 2 rares in a pack. So I assumed that there is a possibility to have 2 LvX. But we'd still have to correct it by buying many packs or a box to clarify this.

you can get 2 rares . i actually got two of them the other day . it was a torterra reverse foil and a luxray . when they say two rares they actually refer to the possibility of the reverse being a rare . but yeah , that was already possible before. the possiblity of getting two lv.x in one booster is actually a completly diffrent thing though. lv.x's are not actually considered regular rares or holos . lv.x are under the ultra rares Category , so unless your ultra lucky and get an error pack its not really possible. but yeah , those lv.x's do look very cool , i just pulled an empoleaon lv.x two days ago on my birthday out of my fifth dp booster ever. they actually look better than in the scans .

Wow, you're lucky. Me? I don't even have a single DP cards. It's not out here yet so I'm not sure if it is really worthy or not.

yeah , you should probably wait and see. maybe when they actually come out in your area the price diffrence might not be that big or maybe there might not be a diffrence at all. what sucks is that the price where i get my boosters turned out to actually be higher that what i heard it was going to be . its kind of annoying because i really never even cared or wanted an extra card. at least the cards look better , and the foil there using for the regular holos seem to be a little bit diffrent. i buy all my cards at stores so mostly everbody is selling them at outragous prices, but if your a person thats more of an online buyer then your in luck because some places sell them for less than the ex boosters.

It is worth it because you are getting 10 cards instead of 9 but it is also a gyp still because with Wizards it was $3.29 per pack for 11 cards and remember the price of gas also effects the price too,:)

I know and the price of ethenol is also making the price of food go up aswell as everything else.:)

I got a whole booster box and only pulled one level X and since then i have snagged about 16 booster and no level Xs at all... Level X is like the hardest card to get since there are only 3 in the first of the DP sets... and for all you out there that only opened 2 packs and got a level X in each of them consider yourself lucky, very lucky because i doubt its going to EVER happen again :D

i Know , it seems that the odds of getting one is almost impossible .when you compare the number of rares/ rare holos to the number of lv.x's you could tell why (25 rares, 17 holos, and only three lv.x in the set).  if you add all the numbers up then divide by three, then it would leave you with an average of one lv.x in every 15 boosters. but of course that would be if they wouldn't stick boosters into a box completly at random or if they wouldnt keep on putting the same cards in boosters over and over again.

your lucky , i have only pulled one . i just hope i can pull the other two. at least you can trade 2 of your empoleons to have all three if you havent already.

About 30 cards are Holos or non Holos so that means Lv. X's will be very hard to get and not only that don't hope for one every time because you may not get it for a very long time.:)

i know they are hard to get , that why i want them so badly . i dont know the odds exactly beacuse they dont put them on the back of the boosters like most companies do. the only thing i know is that if they put a rare holo in every 3 boosters , dont repeat any of the pokemon from the 1st to the 17th holo, and try to put the lv.x's evenly in between all the holos , there would be 1 lv.x in approximetly every 21 boosters . that would mean you would only be guarenteed only one lv.x from a booster box. the other way i think they could package them is putting only one lv.x after they have gone trough all the holos in the set without reapeating them . if there is 17 holos and they put one in every three boosters , putting only one lv.x after going trought all of them and then starting all over from the first holo would result in only 1 lv.x in every 51 boosters . that would mean that if you buy two booster box's you would only be quaranteed one lv.x. so yeah either way they are Ridiculously rare. the only think im confused about is that if they are so rare and definetly way more rare than ex's , why are they worth the same as ex's . they are practically as rare as * pokemon and they were expensive as hell so why dont they compare in value . and dont even tell me that its because they are less usefull that ex's becuse *'s were even more useless.

Back