• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard High Skies (Latios / Altaria)

Givol

Love is Latias, Latios is Life
Well since I am a huge Latios and Latias Fanboy I decided to try out a fun, yet strong Mega Latios Deck.

Pokemon: 15
  • 2 Latios EX (PLF)
  • 2 Latios EX (ROS)
  • 2 M Latios EX (ROS)
  • 4 Swablu (ROS)
  • 4 Altaria (BCR)
  • 1 Jirachi EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 1 Iris
  • 1 Wally
  • 3 Silent Lab
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 2 Mega Turbo
  • 2 VS Seekers
  • 2 Latios Spirit Link
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Professors's Letter
  • 1 Computer Search
Energy: 12
  • 4 Physic Energy
  • 4 Water Energy
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy

Strategy:

The Idea behind this deck is that you have 3 main attacking options. First, PLF Latios' Luster Purge attack does 150 for 3 energy. Secondly, ROS Latios' first attack cost 1 Physic Energy for 40 on first turn and 110 for 4 energy. Lastly, Mega Latios is can snipe anything on the field for 120 only needing 3 energy. Now, none of these are OHKOs on there own however, thanks to the reprint from BCR, Altaria's ability Flight Song makes all attacks from my Dragon Pokemon do 20 more damage to the Defending Active Pokemon. Now that Luster Purge can max out at 230, Light Pulse for 190, and Sonic Ace for 200.

This build includes Mega Latios becuase of the extra health, free retreat, ability to snipe opponents bench techs, as well as still being able to snipe Mew EX, Celebi EX, Shaymin EX, and Jirachi EX with no support.
I use Altaria over Bats because they are much to clunky for me and require a lot of time while my goal is to be as fast as possible. I use Head Ringer because i feel that the meta is becoming a lot faster with decks such as Toad and Rayquaza so i want to slow them down to make sure I have the advantage.

Let me know what you guys think. I really need advice so i can make this deck better. Thanks so much guys!

Well since I am a huge Latios and Latias Fanboy I decided to try out a fun, yet strong Mega Latios Deck.

Pokemon: 15
  • 2 Latios EX (PLF)
  • 2 Latios EX (ROS)
  • 2 M Latios EX (ROS)
  • 4 Swablu (ROS)
  • 4 Altaria (BCR)
  • 1 Jirachi EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 1 Iris
  • 1 Wally
  • 3 Silent Lab
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 2 Mega Turbo
  • 2 VS Seekers
  • 2 Latios Spirit Link
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Professors's Letter
  • 1 Computer Search
Energy: 12
  • 4 Physic Energy
  • 4 Water Energy
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy

Strategy:

The Idea behind this deck is that you have 3 main attacking options. First, PLF Latios' Luster Purge attack does 150 for 3 energy. Secondly, ROS Latios' first attack cost 1 Physic Energy for 40 on first turn and 110 for 4 energy. Lastly, Mega Latios is can snipe anything on the field for 120 only needing 3 energy. Now, none of these are OHKOs on there own however, thanks to the reprint from BCR, Altaria's ability Flight Song makes all attacks from my Dragon Pokemon do 20 more damage to the Defending Active Pokemon. Now that Luster Purge can max out at 230, Light Pulse for 190, and Sonic Ace for 200.

This build includes Mega Latios becuase of the extra health, free retreat, ability to snipe opponents bench techs, as well as still being able to snipe Mew EX, Celebi EX, Shaymin EX, and Jirachi EX with no support.
I use Altaria over Bats because they are much to clunky for me and require a lot of time while my goal is to be as fast as possible. I use Head Ringer because i feel that the meta is becoming a lot faster with decks such as Toad and Rayquaza so i want to slow them down to make sure I have the advantage.

Let me know what you guys think. I really need advice so i can make this deck better. Thanks so much guys!

I'm also fan boy for latios and latias. This deck idea I got think before. Just some error in your strategy. Altaria Fight Song only boost M Latios EX Sonic Ace to 200 when attack your oppenent active pokemon. When you snipe the bench the attack still be 120 only.

I'm also fan boy for latios and latias. This deck idea I got think before. Just some error in your strategy. Altaria Fight Song only boost M Latios EX Sonic Ace to 200 when attack your oppenent active pokemon. When you snipe the bench the attack still be 120 only.
Yes, I know that. The point is you can snipe for 120 or hit active for 200

- 1 Iris
- 1 Acro Bike
- 1 Startling Megaphone

+3 Evosoda

I think that the deck needs something to accelerate Altaria so I would add in 3 evosodas. and if you cant find M Latios you can use that too to get these pokes out faster.

Hi Givol,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Wally (you can afford to wait a turn for Altaria)
- 1 N (rather have a second Colress nowadays)
- 2 Head Ringer (needed the deck space)

+ 1 Vs Seeker (three of them make the deck more stable)
+ 1 Colress (two are more stable and it draws real well)
+ 1 Mega Turbo (you need at least three in this deck)
+ 1 Evosoda (to evolve Altaria on the bench by trainers)

Hope this provides some assistence.

Back