'Hidden Fates,' Special Set Releasing in America This August!

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
The pack arts are looking pretty nice this time. It will be a nice set to just take a break from the whole rush of competitive scene.

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Gx attack is ok, I guess? Would rather just KO something to be honest, outclassed by sigilyph Gx in just about every way I feel

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
None of the regular nor GX cards in the main Hidden Fates expansion are gonna be good because the main source of cards is the introductory Family Box set. So check all expectations now. lol

Gwen

Aspiring Trainer
So if there are 37 family box set cards ( not including the reprinted trainers) minus the 3 GXs supposedly coming out in tins, the 2 non-secret rare Birds trio cards, and the 5 team rockets cards, what makes up the other 27 cards? if the trainers from the family box set are in this, then what are the other 13?

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Honestly, I'm so happy the family box cards are in this set because it's part of what makes Hidden Fates so exciting for me. It's, in a way, kinda like collecting old cards. You don't care about the competitive value of them, it's purely about collecting. I know the majority of people here judge cards based on their playability, and that's mainly what the TCG in recent times I feel has cared mostly about. So having a set that's so good for collectors just makes me happy.

I love the family box GXs since they're simple, yet appealing ultra rares. I know they're not very fancy in terms of art, but it probably has my favorite Charizard render of the entire era (keyword RENDER, I still think Reshizard is the best looking one in the era period, if not my favorite card of Sun and moon). I love the simplicity of that Mewtwo, too. It's a neat little card of Mewtwo, nothing more, nothing less, and honestly? It's a breath of fresh air for once.

That plus the entire Shiny set just makes me so excited. It's not even out yet and this is the best Sun and Moon set by far. My only hope is for there to be good pull rates to justify the mass amount of ultras. Maybe they'll do a special pack configuration a la Legendary Treasures (which this set reminds me of, and that's a HUGE plus) or Generations.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
My gut is it's gonna have to be a Legendary Treasures/Generations scenario where we get 1-2 of the SV cards per pack (there's 45 cards from Ultra Shiny that aren't GX or full art, so about half the SV set), the shiny subset is bigger than the main set. Like, TPCi is crazy but are they that crazy? lol

Scoop

Literally a sheep
My gut is it's gonna have to be a Legendary Treasures/Generations scenario where we get 1-2 of the SV cards per pack (there's 45 cards from Ultra Shiny that aren't GX or full art, so about half the SV set), the shiny subset is bigger than the main set. Like, TPCi is crazy but are they that crazy? lol
Something like that would be pretty good, as long as they don't compromise the texturing of the non-GX SV cards I really don't mind if they're one or two a pack.

IIRC, legendary treasures was 1 Reverse or Holo, 1 Rare/EX, and then 2 radiant cards, one either being an uncommon or an Ultra Rare. I could see something similar to that, except it would be one Reverse, 1 Rare/normal set GX, and then 2 SV cards or something, one of which is always a more common one. That's just hopeful speculation on my end though, TPCi could be totally wack and make pull rates totally jank (god forbid).

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
No i wonder which set is the mainset with those margin

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
So if there are 37 family box set cards ( not including the reprinted trainers) minus the 3 GXs supposedly coming out in tins, the 2 non-secret rare Birds trio cards, and the 5 team rockets cards, what makes up the other 27 cards? if the trainers from the family box set are in this, then what are the other 13?

My guess:
-38 Pokemon from Family Box
-At least some of the Trainers from the Family set, since beginner-level Trainers like Potion, Great Ball and Catcher are being rotated out otherwise; many of the other Trainers will be in the rotation still anyway (e.g. Cynthia, Judge, Candy, Crushing Hammer); and SM-era Pokemon Center Lady and Bug Catcher are still JP-only.
-8 Pokemon from Sky Legends (Dwebble, Crustle, Hoothoot, Noctowl, Ekans, Arbok, Koffing, Weezing - the first four for featuring Molt/Arti in their backgrounds)
-3 Legendary Birds GX prints (one being a secret rare)
-2 Trainers from Sky Legends (both Jessie and James prints)
-1 Giovanni's Exile FA
-Random SM-P promos to hit 68 cards.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Something like that would be pretty good, as long as they don't compromise the texturing of the non-GX SV cards I really don't mind if they're one or two a pack.

IIRC, legendary treasures was 1 Reverse or Holo, 1 Rare/EX, and then 2 radiant cards, one either being an uncommon or an Ultra Rare. I could see something similar to that, except it would be one Reverse, 1 Rare/normal set GX, and then 2 SV cards or something, one of which is always a more common one. That's just hopeful speculation on my end though, TPCi could be totally wack and make pull rates totally jank (god forbid).

I think that is reasonable & realistic. Imagine pulling a hyper rare bird trio as your rare and then one of the gold cards as your rare SV...hopefully that is a possibility.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I think that is reasonable & realistic. Imagine pulling a hyper rare bird trio as your rare and then one of the gold cards as your rare SV...hopefully that is a possibility.
Two-ultra rare packs back in generations and legendary treasures were always some of the most fond memories I have of them, one of the earliest LTR packs I opened when I was still relatively new to the TCG had that, and I was so excited. Really hoping they can do that again, especially with the sheer size of this set.

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Just trying to think of a use for this card in Malamar and how it would be effective at all. There's probably so many Malamar techs you could put in like LOT Giratina like we've been doing or the upcoming Marshadow that can copy opposing attacks off the opponents board. The best thing about this card is that it can 2HKO and discard energy specifically in the same turn, but even then the better thing to do is just OHKO the defending Pokemon with like any other GX move.

Had to put this card somewhere in English, I guess.