News Hidden Fates Charizard sells for over $10,000

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
The set has barely stretched it's legs with most products not even releasing yet. And yet the endless thirst for Charizard for simply being a Charizard has reached new insane levels when a Shiny Charizard from Hidden Fates (Which again has barely been out) sold in graded form for over $10,000. Where as you can find it being sold ungraded for roughly $400-500, the grading essentially turned a collectible trading card into a mortgage down payment.
I was 12 when Pokemon ruled the world, I get how Pokemon fans think but I'll never understand the appeal of Charizard in comparison to other Pokemon like Venusaur or Blastoise.

Sources:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-LABE...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/this-shiny-charizard-pokemon-card-just-sold-for-mo/1100-6469558/
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/09/03/shiny-charizard-pokemon-card-sells-for-over-10000

$

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Charizard fans have lost their damn minds on this one. Every time I see this card I get annoyed right now because this is a hype train that really needs to be derailed.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Charizard fans have lost their damn minds on this one. Every time I see this card I get annoyed right now because this is a hype train that really needs to be derailed.
Even I agree and I'm a Zard collector. I don't get annoyed per se, but I really can't believe anyone would spend $400 on the thing. Once the ETB hits the thing's going to drop down like a fly. It's still going to have SOME value probably, but there's no way it's a $400 card, especially when you compare its rarity to other cards going at that price.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Why do you care?it probably wont be the actual end value of card graded or no if someone you dont know wants to make an irresponsible purchase or If they are so rich it doesnt matter you shouldnt waste effort complaining about strangers if it doesnt effect you

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Actually this does affect collectors right now. Right after sites started reporting that this auction ended at $10000, all the Shinyzards that were listed on TCGplayer were bought out, so the price went from ~$350-400 to $1000. Ungraded. Ridiculous.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Why do you care?it probably wont be the actual end value of card graded or no if someone you dont know wants to make an irresponsible purchase or If they are so rich it doesnt matter you shouldnt waste effort complaining about strangers if it doesnt effect you
It's still worth a discussion, though. It's not like we're starting a riot or a protest or something, and it really doesn't take that much effort to type a comment on a forum, lol.

Actually this does affect collectors right now. Right after sites started reporting that this auction ended at $10000, all the Shinyzards that were listed on TCGplayer were bought out, so the price went from ~$350-400 to $1000. Ungraded. Ridiculous.
Yeah, the only one that's still up is the one trying to sell for $1000. It's just funny to me. Pull rates in hidden fates are so high, and they're going to print so much more of it. Even with 94 SV cards, I've seen a lot more Shiny Zards pulled early than the Hyper Rare. And quality control in this set? I haven't pulled a single card that isn't pristine, if not just below it.

Smpratte did a great video about the whole situation with this set, and I think it sums up the whole deal with the Charizard and Hidden Fates in general.