• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Heracross/Venusaur

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
2 Tapu Lele-GX (GRI 60)
1 Shining Genesect (SLG 9)
1 Ivysaur (SLG 2)
2 Virizion-GX (LOT 34)
1 Oranguru (SM 113)
3 Bulbasaur (SLG 1)
3 Heracross (LOT 18)
3 Venusaur (SLG 3)

8 Grass Energy (SM 164)

2 Order Pad (UPR 131)
4 Custom Catcher (LOT 171)
2 Tate & Liza (CLS 148)
1 Apricorn Maker (CLS 124)
1 Aether Paradise Conservation Area (GRI 116)
2 Lillie (SM 122)
2 Nest Ball (SM 123)
4 Rare Candy (SM 129)
3 Net Ball (LOT 187)
2 Rescue Stretcher (GRI 130)
1 Timer Ball (SM 134)
3 Guzma (BUS 115)
4 Cynthia (UPR 119)
3 Choice Band (GRI 121)
1 Judge (FLI 108)
1 Life Forest Prism Star (LOT 180)

With Lost Thunder came a new Heracross and what a fun one he is. Your primary attack is Powerful Friends which does 30+90 more if you have a stage 2 Pokemon on your bench. That is where Venusaur comes into play. Not only is it a stage 2 but its ability makes it to where Heracross' Powerful Friends is only a single grass energy. Shining Genesect and Virizion GX are secondary attackers.

What do you think about replaicing Venusaur with Vikavolt? Venusaur is searchable with Net Ball, but Vikavolt charge your Heracross in just one turn!
Moreover, you need Lurantis promo in order to get 130 damages, otherwise Heracross will only 2hko many relevant 1 prize pokemon.

What do you think about replaicing Venusaur with Vikavolt? Venusaur is searchable with Net Ball, but Vikavolt charge your Heracross in just one turn!
Moreover, you need Lurantis promo in order to get 130 damages, otherwise Heracross will only 2hko many relevant 1 prize pokemon.
The problem with vikavolt is its weakness, it get so easily killed with a fighting weakness. With zororock considered to be really good, it’s really easy for them to knock it out. Baby buzz is also a problem with Guzma.

The problem with vikavolt is its weakness, it get so easily killed with a fighting weakness. With zororock considered to be really good, it’s really easy for them to knock it out. Baby buzz is also a problem with Guzma.
That's right. Maybe it would be nice to tech a 1 - 1 line of the new Meganium.

Venasaur is not searchable with net ball

Venasaur is not searchable with net ball
Well, that's an argument for Vikavolt! :)
I tried to build something similar but which plays Dhelmise in place of Heracross.
The main problems I saw are the need to switch every turn and energy depletion. But I like the ida behind these grass decks!

Venusaur serves the same purpose as Vikavolt ultimately since one Grass energy acts as two while Venusaur is in play. It also has synergy with Shining Genesect.

Well, that's an argument for Vikavolt! :)
I tried to build something similar but which plays Dhelmise in place of Heracross.
The main problems I saw are the need to switch every turn and energy depletion. But I like the ida behind these grass decks!

Venasaur has 10 more HP and a better weakness.

Back