Help with Yanmega/Vileplume Skeleton

What in your opinion works best with Yanmega after seeing Nationals?

• Total voters

shifty14326

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone, I'm Shifty. I have a small skeleton of a deck. I put only the skeleton together, and it seemed to be good. I would like to know what you guys would fill the deck with. I'm trying to get an idea out of the skeleton. I need to keep all the cards in the skeleton, but adding more cards or more of cards already listed, that sort of thing.

4 Yanmega'
4 Yanma
2 Vileplume
1 Gloom
2 Oddish

2 Rare Candy
4 Copycat
4 Judge

4 Rescue Energy

Total 27 cards - 33 card slots

I figured with all the hype going around about Yanmega, you all would know what works best. Thanks.

P.S. I would prefer that you don't criticise anyone about their opinions, but rather fill the deck up with your own. Thanks for your understanding.

RE: The great "Shifty" would like your opinion

Since this deck does not contain more than 50 cards, it belongs in the Player's Sandbox forum.

*Moved*

Zekrom/pachi/shayming works with Yanmega nicely obviously, tho zekrom decks itself are very luck based.

Another good comboer is Kingdra.

It really is just based on personal preference as well as your local meta.

Magnezone Prime is a decent partner with Yanmega allowing you to abuse a heavy judge line (Disruption is always crippling) plus that coupled with Magnetic draw allows you to come out of the Judge quite well off. If your area is flooded with Donphan variants then it may not be the best idea to run Magnezone (even though Yanmega prime helps with resistance) Yanmega can't even inflict any serious damage onto Donphan (3HKO with Sonicboom) the best it can do it just snipe the bench and try to take a few cheap prizes, plus with the way the meta's shifting Donphan decks may just run Zekrom to just outrage away any Yanmega threats. (some variants run it anyway as well as Reshiram for Kingdra)

Donphan prime gives you alot more space for techs and trainers (access to Plus Power as well as Reversal) plus the deck it alot faster in terms of setting up and recovering than Magnezone. being able to reduce any damage done to it turns any potential 1HKOs into 2HKOs. again you can run Zekrom and/or Reshiram (depending on your meta) to benefit from the bench damage from Earthquake while taking card of a few dangers to Donphan.

Kingdra makes your Magnezone match-ups more or less an auto-loss. only advnatge here is the ability to snipe a wider variety of target with spray splash a well as speed.

Due to the fact that you're running vilepume, adding another stage 2 attacker to the mix may just make overall match-ups worse, so ideally you'd want to stick with a stage 1 pokemon, so preferably Donphan or Zoroark. Zoroark just makes Reshiram less of a hassle because reshiram just demolishes Yanmega. I've heard that Mew Prime/Muk are good partners with Vilplume and Yanmega. Lost zone a Muk with mew prime then use Muks attack (via mew prime) to drag up pokemon with high retreat costs and just disrupt and snipe off the opponent bench and such or if you're up against a deck that cares not for retreat cost (I.E a majority of the pokemon have 1 retreat cost or less) then you can add another pokemon to lost zone, possibly Jumpluff. you don't need the full Jumpluff line just 2/3 Jumpluff, that way you can lost zone a Jumpluff T1 and T2 possibly be dealing 70/80 while locking trainers and disrupting.

I gues I didn't put my point out. What I meant was what would you guys put into the deck meaning give me numbers to completely fill the deck. Such as list the 33 cards you would put in there. That sort of thing.

like i said in my earlier post, just giving you a main attacker wouldn't mean much if your meta consists of decks that would just troll all over the idea. But i guess if you want something that would complement the whole trainer lock/hand disruption route then you could probably add

4 Mew Prime
2 Muk UD
1/2 Jumpluff HGSS

T1 See off Muk and go for the drag up/disruption route while sniping pokemon with Yanmega Prime. If you're playing a deck where they can just as easily take out your Vileplume before you set up then you can just See Off a Jumpluff and Mass attack.

3 Copycat
3 Judge
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Twins
1 Flower Shop Lady

Unfortunately i have yet to test out the deck yet, so all i know is the general strategy of the deck so the T/S/S and energy line is truly upto to you to figure out. Unless someone with more knowledge on the deck steps in.

Back