Abomasnow (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd/4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Rock Slide
- Ice Punch
- Leech Seed

Abomasnow should be pretty obvious. I don't know why, but GF doesn't like the ability Snow Warning and we are forced to use one of the 12 Pokemon that is weak to SEVEN types. He is like a Politoed for a rain team, except he is prob. a little bit more on the fragile side. He does have a rather large movepool however, so the moves are basically Solid attacks that hit for weakness. I like the focus sash, because like I said he is terribly un-defensive, because usually people will bring in something that can outspeed, but is weak to an attack and Abomasnow isn't too shabby on the Physical side. I find Abomasnow hitting a lot of OHKO'S believe it or not (not lead however, because Cloyster can't have rocks up so Cloyster is).
365.png

Walrein (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Toxic
- Surf
- Protect
I actually don't even think Walrein is in OU (which is a shame), but he is an excellent wall. Healing 12% every turn is pretty useful and I have survived multiple Thunders and other STAB moves I'm weak too. So here is the plan
Switch in
Protect
Toxic
Protect
Surf or Encore
Protect
I love Encore. You don't know fun until you've trapped their last Pokemon into a Swords Dance for three turns and then use it again and again and they slowly die from poison.
461.png

Weavile (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
Basic Weavile set. Outrun and hit for damage. He's pretty speedy and I did decide to Choice Band this one for this reason. I often don't find myself being out sped and ice shard is Kick A**. Low Kick is Blissey. Ice Shard is D-Nite and Garchomp and Weavile is a hard counter to Genger scoring an almost guaranteed OHKO on it with Pursuit. Not much strategy other then don't bring in on Breloom or Conkeldurr
91.png

Cloyster (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell
My lead. SS and if they didn't damage you, SS again. Hit for weakness and score OHKO's. I have a few 7 & 8 turn sweeps with this guy in the About Me section of my Profile if you'd like to see how they work. this guy is a one hit wonder so unless you get roared, he's going to be the first one on the team to get KO'd.
392.png

Infernape (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
Guess what, more coverage, this takes care of the basic metagrosses and blisseys that tend to wall/murder my team. I find him quite useful against other things too, and all around infernape is just a great coverage attacker with decent bulk. Speedy (scarfed, so we can score a KO on a steel type ASAP) and Powerful. Best way to describe it is a second Weavile. Stone Edge is basic coverage and U-Turn /hits the few Psychic types quite hard and then allows me a switch to Walrein to restore some HP. COVERAGE COVERAGE COVERAGE
591.png

Amoonguss (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SAtk / 228 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
I don't really like him that much, but this team is basically a wall/coverage team and this guy fits the bill perfectly. Spore is pretty handy just to put things asleep (especially final guys) and Sludge Bomb gives me some pretty decent counters to things like Breloom that are quite difficult for the rest of my team (even Infernape) to deal with. Giga Drain gets the cool HP back and Regenerator is so broken it isn't even funny. Synthesis is the same way. So basic Plan:
Keep alive while doing minuscule damage with S. Bomb or G. Drain and watch the 6% Hail stack up.

Hi Alexander ^^ . Im a new member here (obviously lol) , and i can see that u have a pretty solid team but , u have a Big Big Problem About Hazards . 5/6 your pokemon are weak to Stealth Rock . 6/6 of ur pokemons are susceptible to spikes and toxic spikes . So u may consider a spinner . IMO u dont really need walrein cuz he cant do well in OU . So consider replacing him with tentacruel or blastoise for rapid Spin . And u have a pretty good team so i dont have anymore recommendations . But as of now consider a spinner over walrein . ^^

EDIT : Also where are your hazards? You need hazards in this metagame since it can be the difference between OHKO or 2HKO

Back