• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Help with my Bisharp deck.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
After over 2 years I finally was able to get back to play the game via PTCG Online. And I'm trying out budget decks for standard, since I'm still developing a collection of Sun/Moon cards. This one focuses on using Bisharp from Team Up as the main attacker:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon – 13

* 4 Pawniard TEU 104
* 4 Bisharp TEU 105
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Mareep LOT 75
* 1 Cobalion-GX TEU 106
* 1 Dhelmise GRI 59
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards – 39

* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Judge UL 78
* 1 Sightseer LOT 189
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Jasmine TEU 145

* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Max Potion BKP 103
* 2 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 2 Enhanced Hammer PRC 162
* 1 Counter Catcher CIN 91

* 2 Metal Frying Pan FLI 112
* 1 Metal Goggles TEU 148
* 2 Escape Board UPR 122

##Energy - 8

* 8 Metal Energy 17

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******##

The Strategy is to flood the field with Pawniard, whether having a strong start going first, or going for Tapu Lele to Jasmine when going second. From there, you then can keep putting pressure, attacking for 120-130 each turn, while guarding with Frying Pans/Goggles/Max Potion, or even using Escape Rope to Mareep to force sleep situations. Cobalion helps guard against status and temporarily stops opponents from attacking for extra breathing room.

Overall, though, I'm not winning often enough against the heavily expensive and strong meta decks, and I wonder how I can refocus this deck's strategy. I could go for Quad-Dhelmise and Choice Bands/Kukui for an grand offensive, or go for a full hammer approach with Alolan Muk to lock abilities... I'm not sure.

Any advice is welcome!

May sound weird but maybe Nihilego-gx(rainbow energy), sleep is nice but it's coin flip away. Your always gonna have issues with electric decks - free retreat, easy energy accelerate, and high damage. To get to a defensive position for Tag-teams you may need to rework your deck a bit. I'm still trying to figure out a way with the current cards that isn't meta. to at least stand a chance against PikaRom - the current megaboss.

May sound weird but maybe Nihilego-gx(rainbow energy), sleep is nice but it's coin flip away. Your always gonna have issues with electric decks - free retreat, easy energy accelerate, and high damage. To get to a defensive position for Tag-teams you may need to rework your deck a bit. I'm still trying to figure out a way with the current cards that isn't meta. to at least stand a chance against PikaRom - the current megaboss.

I'm not sure about Nihilego-GX, as it would end up being a KO-Prone Bench sitter that doesn't do much... But retreat blocking sounds nice if I chose the Alolan Muk strategy with hammers. I'd need to switch to non-ability lead card to achieve that, though.

Stall could help but hammers I tend to try to stay away from, I know there are cards that do damage while discarding energy, and then there's plumeria. However if your opponent is using energy recyclers, or tapu Koko prism they can get energies back, so all those methods could potentially cost you your turn.

Alolan Muk can work with Onix(it also OHKO electric) and evolves to steel, the issue with it is retreat cost/attack cost/HP. If it had 20 more HP to its base then I could forgive it's retreat cost. Using buff padding is okay until you evolve it, and would require it's tool on turn 1 (if it doesn't get field blown) to be a decent tank.

Then there is Dialga-gx - draws cards for first attack, does 80 damage that goes through anything for its second, and give you a second turn for a crazy amount of energy. I'm looking at going back to this on a personal level, as getting a second turn on a tag team gx could turn the tides.

try tooldrop doublade with genesect GX for a budget deck. higher damage and more wins than my old bisharp deck had.

try tooldrop doublade with genesect GX for a budget deck. higher damage and more wins than my old bisharp deck had.

No offence: But telling someone to fix a deck by playing an entirely different deck doesn't really help fix the deck.

If you have a zapdos or 2 about you could use the LPM Unit Energy to attack with those, acerola/escape rope has some decent synergy and if you attach a choice band can set up some KO's with Bisharp even on bigger S1 GX's

How is Sightseer working? You could take it out for another Max Poion (which is what I would do), and 2 Field Blower probably doesn’t need to be there. I find it interesting that you’d choose a more “protective” toolset when Bisharp can only have, maximum, 140 HP. I think this deck would be more suited to an I-don’t-care-how-many-Prize-cards-I-have-left-as-long-as-I-take-KO’s deck style, where you just get set up fast, hit hard as fast as you can, and keep some Rescue Stretcher handy. If the style you’re playing works fine, ignore that.

I'm running a similar Bisharp deck, doesn't have much in common with your pokemon, but I'd suggest taking Mareep and Tapu lele for Jirachi TEU (for trainer search) and Cobalion LOT (for tool attack/stall). Jasmine is a good turn two setup you should consider.

What about LPM Unit Energy and Garbodor? It can help you to ko Pikachu and Zekrom Gx, it can put a lot of pressure on heavy item reliant decks, and it's a secondary attacker anyway. You can attack with it without caring about damages, I guess sometimes you have a couple of damaged and unviable Bisharp, and something like Garbodor can be really useful.

Back