• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Help with first deck (Tapu Koko/Vikavolt GX)

Mudkip_Mafia

PK Fire
Ok so after a while of not being very into the TCG I have decided to get back to coincide with the Sword and Shield hype. I have decided to make a deck with the most current cards I have (Sun and Moon-Crimson Invasion). Yeah those sets are all about to be rotated but it could still be used in expanded. I based it around Vikavolt GX using Super Zap Cannon which discards 2 energy. Then using his other attack Charge Beam, Rayquaza's Turbo Storm and various trainers to revive them. Then when Vikavolt is low use Tapu Koko GX's ability Aero Trail to transfer them all to Koko. So far I only have 43 cards but I am planning to get more. My question to you guys is what cards? Only ones I am planning on are more Vikavolt and Tapu Koko GXs, and to get 4 of the new energy recycle system in celestial Storm. Here is my deck list

Pokemon: 14

4 Grubbin Sun and Moon base 13/149

4 Charjabug Sun and Moon base 51/149

1 Vikavolt promo SM28

1 Vikavolt GX Guardians Rising 45/145

1 Tapu Koko GX Guardians Rising 47/145

3 Rayquaza Guardians Rising 106/145

Energy: 19

19 Electric Energy

Trainers: 9

4 Aether Paradise Conservation Area Guardians Rising 116/145

2 Energy Retrieval Sun and Moon base 116/149

2 Multi Switch Guardians Rising 129/149

1 Exp share Sun and Moon Base 118/149

In total I need 17 new cards and was reaching out to you guys to help me. Thank you so much in advance

There are some decent ideas in here, but I can see some improvements, if you’re willing to pick up some new cards. There’s nothing super expensive here.
-UNB Charjabug and Vikavolt
The new Charjabug can attach to any Vikavolt card as a special energy providing two lightning, and doesn’t take up your manual attachment. The Vikavolt is also a cheap rare that can dish out a lot of damage.
-TEU Tapu Koko Prism
This card can retrieve lightning energy from your discard to attach to your bench
-Draw support
You are playing 0 supporters which is not very effective. Playsets of Lillie (SUM/UPR) ans Cynthia (UPR) are inexpensive. If you’re committed to playing Expanded, you can also consider copies of Prof Sycamore, Colress, N and VS Seeker to keep recycling the Supporter you need.
-Energy
19 basic Energy is way too high. Consider cutting down to around 7. Draw support and UNB Charjabug will be plenty of energy which you can find consistently, or consider TEU Viridian Forest, which allows you to search for the basic energies.

Thank you so much. I will get a set of Lillies and cut down the energys now. Soon I will also get an elite trainer box and hope for some of these. Thanks!

Back