• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Help With Fairy Deck (M Gardevoir EX / M Manectric EX / Aromatisse)

Spideyman

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone, I am relatively new to pokemon tcg and am hoping for some advice on build (Fairy) for new deck come rotation. Basically I would like to if possible, have a current deck which won't be affected by the new rotation coming up.

At the moment I am focused around for the core of the deck:

Pokemon:
  • 3 Gardevoir EX
  • 2 M Gardevoir EX
  • 2 Manectric EX
  • 2 M Manectric EX
  • 3 Aromatisse
  • 3 Spritzee
  • 3 Xerneas
  • 1 Xerneas EX
  • 1 Yveltal EX
  • 1 Aegislash EX
  • 1 Suicune PLB
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 N
  • 4 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 1 Teammates
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Xerosic
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 4 Gardevoir Spirit Link
  • 2 Manectric Spirit Link
  • 3 Max Potion
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Startling Megaphone
  • 4 Fairy Garden
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Tool Retrieval
  • 1 Evosoda
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 1 Scoop Up Cyclone
Energy
  • 4 Rainbow Energy
  • 7 Fairy Energy
Strategy:

Obviously to many pokemon there so any help would be good there.

Got the following support to throw in atm, but obviously a few key ones are likely to be gone come rotation removed so any help with support, items etc would be sweet as well.

I believe this works well with what is popular at the moment with roaring skies in terms of the the dragons and Rayquaza ex and Mega Rayquaza EXdecks currently. Did have a Virizion EX to help with Seismitoad EX decks but that will go out of rotation so not to sure what to put in to combat them now as well as Charizard EX which I'd keep there till the actual rotation happens for Virizion EX/Genesect EX decks.

I never made a fairy deck (hell really any deck) so any other tips in general (like combos etc) besides help with deck would be much appreciated
Thanks for your time and sorry for the long post.

I'm confused, why would you want M-Manectric in a fairy deck? Why don't you have Mewtwo? Why are you using Rainbow energy?

This deck needs a lot of polish.

For Pokemon I suggest:

Pokemon:
  • 3 Gardevoir-EX
  • 2 M-Gardevoir-EX
  • 1 Mewtwo-EX
  • 3 Spritzee
  • 2 Aromatisse
  • 3 Xerneas
In terms of Trainers, Stadiums, and Supports you'll want a fair amount of search and draw support so you can get Gardevoir and Xerneas going. I suggest you use a fair amount of Ultra Balls with Computer Search so you can abuse Mega Turbo (Roaring Skies). You'll want 3X Fairy Garden. Also skip the Fan Clubs.

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 3 Max Potion
  • 3 MegaTurbo
  • 2 Roller Skates
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Versus Seeker
  • 2 Colress
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 4 N
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 1 Teammates
  • 3 Fairy Garden
  • 2 Gardevoir Spirit Link
Energy:
  • 9 Fairy
  • 3 Wonder Energy

The M Manetric EX, Aegislash EX, Suicune, Yveltal EX, and raibow energy are all in the deck to make the deck more versitile. I would drop the M Manectric EX line down to a 1-1 line also allowing you to drop a Manectric spirit link. I would also drop a Pokemon Fan club, and probably both xerosic, as well s drop a Gardevoir spirit link, you will only be able to utilize 2 because you are only running 2 M Gardevoir EX. I would also drop the scoop up cylclone because you can only have one ace spec in your deck, and the two that I feel would fit best are either dowzing machine which you already play or computer search. So that opens up 8 slots in your deck, with those slots I would add the following cards.
+1 Virizion EX The Verdant Wind ability is very helpful in a meta filled with Hypnotoxic lasers.
+1 VS Seeker I usually like to play at least 3
+2 Fairy Energy Just helps to have more energy
+1 Lysandres Trump Card
+1 Max Poition
+ 1 Rayqueza EX ( Colorless from Roaring Skies) It can do do 60 damage to an EX for a single energy so It will help you out against things like Seismitoad EX
+ an Ultra Ball or maybe Town Map

- 1 Manectric EX
-1 M Manectric EX
-1 Manectric spirit link
-1 Gardevoir Spirit Link
- 1 Scoop Up Cyclone
-2 Xerosic
-1 Pokemon Fan Club

I don't think Manectric is doing the fairy deck any favors. Unless it's assisting in a bad MU, like how some people use Outrage Reshiram to deal with Metal decks, I think it's entirely unnecessary. Just about the only deck I can see it helping with is the Normal type Rayquaza decks that have been floating around, and those set up so fast that I doubt Manectric will be able to do anything at all before being blown away.

Thanks for input so far guys:D

Yeah the M Manectric and rest is too make the deck more versatile. Like I said the M Manectrics and that were there for the rayquazas around atm. Also it doesn't seem to take long to get M Manectric going either since it does only need 1 electric and one colorless energy to hit for 110 which would ko the normal mega rayquaza.

Back