Help Help with Chandelure (030 unified minds)

Adamj

Aspiring Trainer
sorry if this has already been answered

So my son entered a tournament at a local store. He is using chandelure (030 unified minds). With spirit burner it states “discard the top 5 cards from your deck. This attack does 60 more damage for each Pokemon discarded this way. Then put any number of fire Pokemon you discarded this way on to your bench”.

So if I find 4 fire Pokemon and discard them. Then put 2 on my bench do I do an extra 240 damage or 120 damage??

Hello Adamj!

The Damage is determined by how many Pokemon you discard, as referenced here in the card's text:

"This attack does 60 more damage for each Pokemon discarded this way. Then Put any number of Fire Pokemon you discarded this way on to your Bench."

Note that the second part of the attack, the one that allows you to place Fire Pokemon onto the bench from the discard, has no mention of damage.

In your case, if you discard 4 Pokemon, you will do 60 damage times that, or 240 damage. The effect to place Fire Pokemon you discarded with the attack onto the bench has no effect whatsoever on how much damage is dealt: you can elect to Bench none of the Pokemon you discarded, or all of them, and it will have absolutely zero effect on the damage dealt. If you discarded 4 Pokemon, and elect to put 2 of those Pokemon onto the bench, it will do 240 damage.

I hope this is what you are looking for! If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
Thanks,

-Alpha, PB Rulings Team

Back