Help Training My Pokemon to Beasts

gcardoso

Dreamer Player
so yeah , i'm one of the few guys that's trying to make Magikarp some kind of a beast so that can evolve to Gyarados and be useful ! but since i only have splash has attack <.< how can i make him turn a beast ?

that and i want a manectric that is a beast too , some training / moves idea would be welcome

Thank you

Hi gcardoso, Its pretty simple- When you switch Magikarp against any Pokemon for a stronger Pokemon in your team and win with that Pokemon- Magikarp will gain exp even though he didn't actually do anything. You can also use the EXP.Share and now Magikarp will gain exp even if its not appearing in the battle at all.

Hi gcardoso, Its pretty simple- When you switch Magikarp against any Pokemon for a stronger Pokemon in your team and win with that Pokemon- Magikarp will gain exp even though he didn't actually do anything. You can also use the EXP.Share and now Magikarp will gain exp even if its not appearing in the battle at all.

that's what im doing but his stats still not great and he doesnt even have tackle..

But you don't need its moves or its stats to be great since you are using another Pokemon to gain exp for him until he evolves at level 20.

Magikarp won't learn any moves that are good for online battles, nor will its stats be good until it evolves. You need to evolve it to Gyarados before you can get Waterfall, Dragon Dance, etc.

As for Manectric, are you just looking for a good set, or how to train it?
If it's just a good set, here's what I recommend:
Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod (Intimidate after Mega Evolving)
EVs: 252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Volt Switch
-Flamethrower
-Hidden Power Ice/Protect
-Thunderbolt

Yep the set Jabberwock has mentioned is pretty much the only viable set in Wifi battles. You can also use Overheat over Flamethrower for more power since Mega Manectric usually switch right after he attacks ( So you don't fear so much about the power drop ).

Back