Collecting Help Identifying Dark Kadabra Holo Card

official-stargazer

Aspiring Trainer
Hi all! :)
I recently bought a pokemon card from the Rocket set- a first edition Dark Kadabra (card number 39/82) but it's a holo!! I've never seen anything like this before as this is an uncommon card and was never a holo! Does anyone have any information on this card or if it's a one of a kind?
How can I go about getting it valued? kadabra.jpg
All help is greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately, the card is a fake, which means its worth is practically nothing. Aside from the incorrect holo background, the Illustrator font and Pokédex text are wrong, and some of the coloration looks off (though that may just be the photo; it's hard to tell).

Unfortunately, the card is a fake, which means its worth is practically nothing. Aside from the incorrect holo background, the Illustrator font and Pokédex text are wrong, and some of the coloration looks off (though that may just be the photo; it's hard to tell).

I don't think it's just due to the photo, the background texture appears to be a lot redder than the Abra just above it, being more magenta than the typical shades of violet, which is a common error in fake [P]-type cards.

~SS

I shall take a better quality photo when it arrives (as the photo above is just by the seller)! :)
The test reads the same as a normal kadabra card, but I can't judge the colour until it arrives and I compare it to a normal one!
If it's a fake it's not a bad one compared to some I've seen haha! :)

I shall take a better quality photo when it arrives (as the photo above is just by the seller)! :)
The test reads the same as a normal kadabra card, but I can't judge the colour until it arrives and I compare it to a normal one!
If it's a fake it's not a bad one compared to some I've seen haha! :)
The text reads the same, but the font is incorrect. It's most apparent in the illustrator credit, e.g. the g doesn't loop like the official font's (see the g in your card's Length text for comparison). Also the g in Kagemaru appears to extend into the yellow border of your card, which shouldn't happen.

You're right though, it is a pretty dang good fake.

The text reads the same, but the font is incorrect. It's most apparent in the illustrator credit, e.g. the g doesn't loop like the official font's (see the g in your card's Length text for comparison). Also the g in Kagemaru appears to extend into the yellow border of your card, which shouldn't happen.

You're right though, it is a pretty dang good fake.

You're right and that's a pretty decent holo shine it's got on it too haha! I just did some research and it says that the energy symbols may be bloated on fake cards as well as pokémon being typed as pokemon, though mine must be an upgraded fake as it doesn't have those errors. It's hard to see the g in the name but it does look different to the one in length.
Also the thing with the colour, I compared 4 base set Abra's to the Abra above and the one above looks darker but when I compared my 4 to the kadabra it's closer to it (though the Kadabra seems more vibrant). I take your word for it that it's fake though, I can't wait to see it when it arrives haha!

The thing with fake cards is that they're all different. Some may not include the é's, or may have spelling errors, or may use the wrong font. They may use the wrong holo or borders. All fakers are different. Some are better made than others, but they can usually be spotted in the end, so long as you're knowledgeable enough.

Back