DPPt/HGSS HeartGold and SoulSilver Pre-Owned 45$: Why the Price Jump?

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
...wut.

I got these two brand new at Best Buy for 39.99 each. Why the sudden price increase? Did everyone just suddenly realize it existed so Pokemon X and Y came out and there are certain Pokemon they can't get? But DPPt is around the same price of 26.99 pre-owned.

The way things suddenly just rise in price just annoys me. ...but that's just because I kind of wish I was smart and profit off it. In the end however, I'm just really glad I re-bought my used SoulSilver back in early September when it was still only 29.99. Although I wish I didn't sell them in the first place...

Why do you think the prices went up? I'm positive the new sealed ones with Pokewalkers are probably like 80 or 100$...

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
RE: Saw a Copy of HeartGold at Gamestop for 45$ Pre-Owned

Hahaha. It's just GameStop. They overprice almost anything (they think they can). The value of HGSS has not changed at all.

Mistryss Nite

Is back from Beijing, China! ^.^
Yeah, I noticed this too, and it's for all of the previous generations on most marketplaces. I was contemplating on buying Platnium, but not with it's price. The price is also one reason why I want remakes of everything! ^.^
I've also never bought a used gameboy/DS (we now call them) game. Are they actually in good condition? Do any actually come with the case (a must have for me)?

WanderingWolf

Only *insert number here* days to go!
Of course they would come with the case, in some circumstances. I personally still have the case, waiting until I will eventually need to give it to someone else, and have the new thing that people make games for.
That's how society works, right?

I think it may just be because it's Christmas. Everything goes up in price around Christmas (Pro-life tip: Buy stuff in October), just because people need gifts.
Marketing taking advantage of us. Nothing new.

Mistryss Nite

Is back from Beijing, China! ^.^
James86134 said:
Of course they would come with the case, in some circumstances. I personally still have the case, waiting until I will eventually need to give it to someone else, and have the new thing that people make games for.
That's how society works, right?

I think it may just be because it's Christmas. Everything goes up in price around Christmas (Pro-life tip: Buy stuff in October), just because people need gifts.
Marketing taking advantage of us. Nothing new.
From the prices I saw, it was still high back in the summer (when I was looking). And, it probably won't get any lower.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Right, people buy Pokémon for Christmas for their children. Nobody will notice they are asking for more. Sneaky as always.

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
Huh, well if Gamestop is upping the prices for the holidays, looks like folks on Amazon had the same idea... at least the used copies are only 40$ instead of 45$!

http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-HeartGold-Version-Nintendo-DS/dp/B0038MVFYC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387315074&sr=8-1&keywords=pokemon+heartgold

MtheW

What is MtheW? The world may never know.
Pre-owned at the Gamestop in my town soul Soul Silver is 50 dollars. I have, however, been able to find copies on ebay for around 20-25 dollars. You just have to look I guess. It is surprising though, I've been waiting for the new game to go down ever since it came out, but it hasn't.