Head TCG Manager / TCG Programs

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
PokeBeach is going to be re-launched soon with a new layout and new content, as most people know. The re-launched site will have a section for card reviews, deck submissions, a deck archetypes section, and articles.

1. Card Reviews - Basically, the strategist program: Writing a single review together on cards that are commonly used.
2. Deck Submissions - Through the main website, people will type their decks into a form, which will then be sent off to a select group of people. These people will either rate or fix the decks, and the decks will then be posted on the main site.
3. Deck Archetypes - Articles on the most currently popular decks, probably written by the Strategists, with sample deck lists.
4. Articles - I am going to setup a forum soon where people post their own articles about anything concerning the TCG. The best articles will be posted on the main page in a "Featured Articles" section.

Basically, I am only one person running a large site, and I cannot manage all of the above (which is why the Strategist program died). Thus, I am looking for someone extremely responsible with no life, who will be able to permanently coordinate and spearhead all of the above. This person needs to be a very strong TCG player, one with good grammar and spelling, one who is constantly on AIM, and one who is basically like me. I doubt there is anyone like this, but we'll see. If you think you can coordinate what I am describing, please apply here with your qualifications. If you know anyone who could potentially be in charge of all of the above, even if they are not a member of this forum, please refer them here and have them post their qualifications. You can even post who you think would be good for this job.

Note: You MUST be a person who is constantly online, or, at least, online to the point where you are able to be caught at least a few times of the day. You must also be a person who can manage large responsibilities and communicate with me.

I think I'm a good canidate for this, but with one problem. I have no AIM, and I'm not allowed to download it. Would that be a problem?

Well, it would seem that I am in the same predicament as the user above me. AIM, Redshark, and the Chatroom are unaccesable to me. IT is very unfair, and unforunate.

AIM/MSN/Yahoo/whatever. A chat program.

You guys need to tell me why you are qualified, not just "I think I can do it." You also need to show that you have a lot of time on your hands all year round, not just during the summer break, and that you are good at the game.

Alright then, Despite the time I spend at school, my 3 hours of homework is done in half an hour, giving me the morning and most of the night to devote to the site. I have acces to yahoo, have my own computer, am great at thinking up strategies with cards (though my lack of budget lets me test few out), have seen others examples, have some good contacts to find out the current archtypes, am smart, though can be lazy, have followed the show, card game and video game since it began ect. I also have seen what the gym does, but I prefer this site, as it is more user friendly, and they don't have a cool si-fi guy like we do :p
As said before, my budget is low, so I don't do "great" at tournaments, though skill is impecable. I've won 8 straight pre's with some horrible decks, and never ranked below 4th in the other 11 i've played in. I also have nothing better to do with my time. If you want me to include anything else, just say so. I've also ranked top 4 in 4 BR's, and won 1 BR.

Ok, well for various reasons, I can never get into tournaments, and there is none near me. Ive never even entered one :( However, this doesn't prove I'm bad at the TCG. IN fact, quite the opposite. Ive been playing for 7 years, have 3 and a half thousend cards and Built some fantastic decks. I really woul dlike the possition, And I'm quite capable of handling it. Im constantly on MSN, my friends can back me up on that. They can also tell you that I would desereve this possition as much as anyone else. I would really like a chance to show that I want to help the site.

As for time, My school is very local, so I have lots of time after school to do stuff. THe only inconvenience is that I'm English, and I will be in a different time zone to most people. Probably 12 hours behind. But I think This will be ok, IM on always at the weekends and I have alot of time to help every day. Im always on the Forums, but spend more time reading posts than posting. I hate spammers too, if that helps. :p

With the TCG, I cant prove I'm a great player, but the best proof I can give you is that I know I can play amazingly. And I HAVe built Amazing decks, HAVE won nearly all of the games I've played, and HAVE over 3and a half thousend cards.

Am I in?

Oookei... I'm not saying I'm the best for this and I'm not sure if I'm willing to do it (I could manage and review stuff sent to me and make suggestions to WPM about what to publish on the main site but I'm not gonna write anything cause that would too much work. Maybe once or twice if I feel like it). I'm just gonna leave my application and see where this goes from there...

Name: Mewstor
TCG experience: Been running a Pokemon TCG league for over 8 years now. I'm a member of the Professor Program (so I know the rules inside and out). I came second in your countrys nationals in 2005. Been to Worlds twice, once as a player (2005) and once a translator (2006). My competitive career in Pokemon TCG has pretty much shifted into judging now. I have judged in almost every major event in our country (two latest nationals 2006 and 2007, Battle Roads, Citys, Regionals and the plain league tournaments that I hold over 20 times a year). I do play in my league but tend to loose more than win cause of my "just for fun" type of decks :p
Time: You bet! I'm on sick leave till next december. I'm not doing anything till then. No work, nothing. And even after that I'll still have plenty of time in my hands since I can't really jump into work right away for a long time.
Grammar: I try my best to write proper english. Spelling causes me the most problems but for that I have my dictionary right here beside me. English is only my second language.
Trustworthy: I run my countrys official Pokemon forum as an admin. Been doing so for almost two years now. In that kind of job I HAVE to be responsible. It's a huge job but I do my best. There's also the league running thing. I consider myself as one of the most responsible people out there.
Contacting: E-mail or MSN (can download other programs too if really necessary).
Why not?: Cause I don't really like using MSN :/ I have so many contacts that as soon as I log in I'm bombarded with messages. That's what you get for being a site admin I guess... I also have these periods when I get depressed and don't have much energy to do anything (though that hasn't prevented me from using my computer). The only thing I'm afraid in taking on this kind of work, is that I'm already taking care of another site. That is a lot of work and this would add to my workload. On the other hand I don't have a life, and it would just be better for me to have something to do with all this free time. I'd have to consider for a while before taking on that kind of responsibility on top of the ones I already have.

There. WPM, if I'm really considered for the job, PM me about the job in more detail so I can make my mind in accepting or not. Thank you!

OK, first off, I ran a website(well, co-ran) for about 1 1/2 years. I helped run the website as well as the forums. The website was shut down due to the owner not willing to take care of it, and instead he sold the domain.

TCG
I started playing in 2004(In 11-14 division) where I top 8'd at my very first cities. Later that year I won States and a Gym Challenge. At Worlds, I didn't do TO bad, placing I THINK 46th.

In 2005 I started off hot winning 3 Cities. I missed cut at States, and got top 8 at a regionals. Going into Gym's, I was determined to win it again, in order to get back to Worlds. I went to the OKC Gyms and got 3rd(grrr...). I then traveled to Texas and won the Gym so I went to San Diego for Worlds 05! I was metagaming for Medicham, but I never played against one, and I went 4-4.

In 2006, I moved up into 15+. I started well top4'ing at my very first Cities in the highest age group. I then went into states, hoping for at least a top8 Performance, I got 9th. That sorta made me mad, but I got over it. I was unable to go to Regionals, so my only shot at Worlds was Gyms. I got 9th(Again...) at Gyms, thus missing Worlds.

In 2007, I top cut'd 4 outta 5 cities, and top cut'd states. But I just couldn't get past top cut. I again missed regionals, and when BR's came, i was confident. I won 2 BR's and top cut'd one other. Then on to Nationals, I bombed badly. I played the wrong deck, and did poorly for it. Oh well.

I really hope you put me into consideration for this position. I feel I am more than Qualified for the position, and that I would do a wonderful job at it. I have mIRC, but thats the only thing I can get as chit wise goes.

Light Venusaur said:
I'll help out in anyway I can.
We're not looking for people who can help in any way, but people who are up to the job and know strategies. I think.

I can help with strategies and stuff. I can be contacted via MSN.

TCG Career:

2005 - Started a month before Nationals. Played Blaziken and came 3rd.
2006 - Top 8 at Nationals. We don't have cities here in Malaysia.
2007 - Moved to Australia. Came 3rd at Nationals. Won cities. 2nd at States. No BR's are being held here in Australia.

I'm a good player, but I'm a better coach. I have coached my brother Andrew C to win 1 Nationals, Top 4 a Nationals, win a cities, a states and a 3rd place finishing at Worlds.
I have good knowledge of all the archetypes and deckbuilding is something i do very well.

BlazikenX said:
I can help with strategies and stuff. I can be contacted via MSN.

TCG Career:

2005 - Started a month before Nationals. Played Blaziken and came 3rd.
2006 - Top 8 at Nationals. We don't have cities here in Malaysia.
2007 - Moved to Australia. Came 3rd at Nationals. Won cities. 2nd at States. No BR's are being held here in Australia.

I'm a good player, but I'm a better coach. I have coached my brother Andrew C to win 1 Nationals, Top 4 a Nationals, win a cities, a states and a 3rd place finishing at Worlds.
I have good knowledge of all the archetypes and deckbuilding is something i do very well.

How old are you? :p

IMO I don't think an individual should be chosen for this position, but a small group of 2 or 3, or maybe even 4 should. It would make it a whole lot more efficient. Especially seeing as 99% of people capable of that position have University/School/Work or other things to tie them down for some time during a day.

Back