• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Haxorus hammers

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Hi everybody! I'm just planning some way to play Haxorus (BKT 111):

XY8_EN_111.png

Pokemon: 14

4 Axew
2 Fraxure
4 Haxorus
2 Slowpoke
2 Slowking

Trainers: 42

4 VS Seeker
4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
1 Professor Kukui
2 Lysandre
4 Crushing hammer
2 Enhanced hammer
1 Team flare grunt
2 Level ball
4 Ultra ball
3 Rare candy
1 Skyla
2 Super rod
2 Special charge
4 Trainers mail
2 Float stone

Energies: 4

4 Double dragon energy

Strategy: Try to setup Haxoruses as fast as possible, start attacking with Dragon Dance and then hit hard with Dragon Pulse. In the meanwhile, protect the Haxorus with energy denial (hammers and Slowking) to maintain the effect of Dragon Dance.

Any recommendation will be appreciated :)

Talonflame is a must in a deck like this for the sake of consistency. 4 rare candy too, you really depend on those for getting Haxoruses up. Include some basic energies for both Talonflame and for Haxorus, after DD his sharp fang will hit 160 which is pretty good damage, when choice band drops next set that's easily 190 which is OHKO on most basic 2 prize cards. I'd cut Slowpoke/Slowking because they make getting an ideal start less consistent, and you absolutely need an ideal start for this deck to work well.

Unfortunately there's no counterplay to escape rope/lysandre resetting your DD which is the chief problem with this deck (I use a similar deck for Dragon type challenges on PTCGO ladder). Energy disruption kind of lets you recover from a lost Haxorus, but I think using pokemon for it will make you lose far more games from bad starts much more often than it will let you salvage a situation where you lost a Haxorus and need a turn to recover your DD.

Back