JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
A new Haxorus has just been revealed from Start Deck 100! The decks will release on December 17th.
Haxorus – Dragon – HP170
Stage 2 – Evolves from Fraxure
[C] Slash: 60 damage.
[F][M] Wild Axe: 160 damage.
This Pokemon also does 30 damage to itself.
Weakness: None
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2

Continue reading...

ShaunTheBoufflant

Like No One Ever Was
Considering TPCi are starting to buff stage 2s a little more (only took them 20yrs like
🙃
) maybe when sobble/drizzile rotates out, they'll finally release a supporter that says "you can play this on your first turn on the game, even if you went first: Search your deck for three basic pokemon without rule boxes, and put them onto your bench"

I'd be so down with this... but no whilst drizzile is still legal 😂😂

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Considering TPCi are starting to buff stage 2s a little more (only took them 20yrs like ) maybe when sobble/drizzile rotates out, they'll finally release a supporter that says "you can play this on your first turn on the game, even if you went first: Search your deck for three basic pokemon without rule boxes, and put them onto your bench"

Reminder that TPCi doesn't design the cards, Creatures does.

The new Gloria is almost what you want. I genuinely wonder if they need to add a new class of Trainer card for setup cards like Gloria / Brawly / Pokémon Fan Club / Brigette / Pokémon Collector.

Or else just reverse the first turn Supporter rule already.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
We already have one in the form of Gloria. The problem is... Those reliable basic Pokemon with good come into play abilities.
Considering TPCi are starting to buff stage 2s a little more (only took them 20yrs like
🙃
) maybe when sobble/drizzile rotates out, they'll finally release a supporter that says "you can play this on your first turn on the game, even if you went first: Search your deck for three basic pokemon without rule boxes, and put them onto your bench"

LycanTheToucan

Forever trapped in the Lost Zone
I don't understand how people say that going second basically means you lose but then want the first turn to be stronger??

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
mediocre and super boring ._.

can't get too mad at it though since it's releasing in a preconstructed deck instead of an expansion

fleshrum

Cephalophore
agreed we need less focus on big basics, but that's nearly always been the case. This game is becoming more like magic in that you can and should curate formats with friends to your liking. Competitive doesn't work like this, but it definitely works for cube, glc, and homebrew stuff.

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
I don't understand how people say that going second basically means you lose but then want the first turn to be stronger??
It hasn't always been like this and it doesn't have to be like this going forward. Moving away from 3-prizers and reincorporating non-toxic disruption like N helps a lot in this respect.

Pell_

Aspire to show up.
The first turn problem isn't caused by the first turn actually being too strong, it's because the format is focused on VMAXes that can oneshot Vs, so the person who gets their VMAX out first can oneshot the opposing V before that player gets a chance to play the game, putting them behind 2 prizes and any amount of resources they invested into it.

Stop making multi-prizers that can oneshot other multi-prizers on turn 1 and we start to see an improvement.

Actually, just stop making multi-prizers, that'd also fix it.

(as an aside, I really liked the idea of making it so you can't use items on turn 1 going first, but you can use supporters/stadiums and you can attack on your first turn, but that's me; to do something like that, you have to also go back to a healthier structure of what supporters do, which just means making search supporters stronger and draw supporters weaker)

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Haxorus has base 147 attack. But sure, give us another card where he's dogshit. That's a good use of cardboard.