Have a General Forum Question? Includes FAQs! - Updated 22/02/18

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
I've got a question about the Forum Games, in terms of general activity. Is there a way that the Forum Games could be advertised or anything like that to increase numbers in games??

Its hard being a Werewolf host /player and dealing with inactivity, so was just wondering how this could be addressed!

Also check out the new Werewolf game hosted by @bbninjas and @Camoclone (link in signature :p)
For the time being, the best way to advertise a game/the FG is in your sig (or website if you have one :D). We're experiencing some issues with the new site and all (besides being severely under-staffed) so until everything is fixed and ready to go we're keeping the stuff on the front page at a minimum. Thanks for understanding :)

@professorlight - Clearly because I'm awesome :V Maybe because my name is really short without any kind of abbreviations :p
EDIT: Nevermind, it's probably what Empoleon_master said :p

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
I know it's not legal to trade digital pokemon for cards but is it legal to trade a pokemon serial code for cards? The code works like a tcgo pack code except it gives you a pokemon in the video game.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I know it's not legal to trade digital pokemon for cards but is it legal to trade a pokemon serial code for cards? The code works like a tcgo pack code except it gives you a pokemon in the video game.

From the Marketplace Rules Thread:

14. We only allow the trading of physical items such as TCG cards, merchandise, video game cartridges, plushies, etc. Intangible items such as e-mailed PTCGO codes, digital/video game data, services, etc. are not allowed to be traded or sold here. Anyone caught doing this will receive a warning or be temporarily banned. Only ACTUAL in hand video games may be traded or sold here.

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Simply put, if both of you receive something in the mail in the deal, it is a legit trade and eligible for a PB reputation. This is to keep things honest and fair for all traders.

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
I was wondering what happened to the strike through thing for Xenforo? It seems to be gone from even another message board I use that uses Xenforo.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
There's no button, but you can still strikethrough posts in XF by manually typing the [s][/s] code and it will make all your problems disappear text inside have a strikethrough over it.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Where and how do we add to our buddy lists now? Do we just have following and unfollow now or do we still have our buddy lists?:)

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
There is just following and unfollowing now. I guess you can consider 'following' your buddy list. :)

crann777

I See You
I realize that the old Event Reports forum is gone, but would it make sense to create a subforum in TCG Competitive Play for them? I'd like to creating a running recap of my season for posterity's sake, but don't want to clutter up Competitive.

Mora

Don't Panic
I realize that the old Event Reports forum is gone, but would it make sense to create a subforum in TCG Competitive Play for them? I'd like to creating a running recap of my season for posterity's sake, but don't want to clutter up Competitive.

Feel free to post that in Competitive if you'd like. We really don't have anywhere else for that to go at the moment.

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
Um, I don't know why, but for whatever reason I can't change my avatar. Each time I try, it loads for a long time, then says that I never selected a file to use. Or, occasionally, it loads for a long time, then says it has loaded but still shows my black box. Help?

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Um, I don't know why, but for whatever reason I can't change my avatar. Each time I try, it loads for a long time, then says that I never selected a file to use. Or, occasionally, it loads for a long time, then says it has loaded but still shows my black box. Help?
PM the file you want as your avatar, I'll see what I can do. :)

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I think I've come across a glitch with formatting. As seen in the first post of this thread, I've centered all of my finds in spoilers and realigned the descriptions under them to the left. While it looks okay now, whenever I edit it, the formatting changes and splits each spoiler into two, one with the picture (centered) and other with the description (aligned left). It's quite annoying when I'm trying to update the post with new content.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 2.22.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 2.22.43 PM.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 6

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
These kinds of glitches seem to be caused by superfluous bbcode in posts, and can sometimes happen if you do a lot of rich text editing without looking at the code. I've seen the issue a few times since we switched to the new software and helped some users with it, and every time superfluous code was the cause. If you make a post with lots of special formatting, I generally suggest hitting the little wrench/page icon in the upper right of the post screen to look over your post in BBCode mode and remove any extra code bits that don't belong, in addition to the standard post preview to spot any errors before they go live.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I've done that (edited it in the BB Code Editor and checked for errors), but it still changes back each time I edit the post... Let me try again in the space below to see if I get the same issue.

uFId87R.jpg
First Shiny of the new year!​

uZwKAyD.jpg
Kentucky.​

pFsZ6fU.gif
My team. :)

EDIT: And it's done it again! It was correct when I initially posted it, but it changed after editing the post. (I can remove the extra code manually, but it comes back as soon as I try to edit it again.)

For reference, this was the original code:
Code:
[center]
[spoiler="Boop"]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/uFId87R.jpg[/img]
[left]First Shiny of the new year![/left]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Beep"]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/uZwKAyD.jpg[/img]
[left]Kentucky.[/left]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Bop"]