Playthrough Haunted's Black 2 CMT Chapter Six is up!

Haunted Water

DEFT Lunar
Yes, guys. It's here. Like my friends PaX and DNA before me, I've decided to do one myself. The concept this time will be simple.
Here are the rules:
1.) You can suggest whichever pokemon and nickname you want, as long as they appear in the main story of Black 2.
2.) No trade-overs, since my friend who still plays pokemon is all the way in Arizona in college, I don't have a second DS readily available. Nor do I have a copy of White 2 in that case.
3.) No event pokemon. I would love to just destroy the shit out of opponents with my old trio of Samurott, Reshiram, and Victini, but I want to at least make this fair and not a slaughterfest and endgame everyone. Thus, as in compliance with Rule #2, no capes no events or trade-overs. That, and I just got the game, so events aren't possible.

Now, on to other things. This will be mostly like DNA's dolo version, except no dolo and in Black 2. Why? Well, I'm unoriginal and DNA has better ideas than Edison and Tesla combined, so I feel the need to copy his basis of cmt-dom. Deal with it.
As for pokemon, there are other hidden rules. For starters, I'm torn between Oshawott and Tepig. Not Snivy, because Snivy is a stuck-up jerk. If I have one type already picked, don't recommend another, unless it can be found earlier and/or has a second, better type. For instance, I had to get a ground type for Elesa in my prelim recently. I got my Black Version favorite Sandile, but picked up Sandshrew instead because of nostalgia and because I had Purrloin and didn't want two of the same types on one team, especially when both pale in comparison.

FAQ

Can I be cast as Rival?
Are you DNA?
No.
There's your answer.

Can you cast me as somebody?
PM me and I'll see what I can do. That said, some roles are already taken, so don't be negative if you PM'd me and I can't place you. My word is final on this.

Why did you not select my pokemon?
No.

Why did you rip off my CMT?
Because you're a butt
No, you are HauntedWater!
Shut it!

And without further ado, let the casting begin!

Team:
Riolu named Jackal - suggested by IJ
Tepig named Midbus - suggested by Reggie, named by DNA
Magnemite named Sparky - suggested by Reggie
Trapinch named Tiamat (female) or Erra (male) - suggested by Artemis
Baltoy named Eyelaser - suggested by DNA
Vaporeon named Poseidon (male) or Mazru (female) - suggested by Artemis.

Chapters:
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

RE: Haunted's Black 2 Choose-My-Team

I'm gonna suggest a Riolu/Lucario (yeah it might be a bit unoriginal, sue me). You can call it... Jackal! Yes, an excellent name.

I'm not going to suggest too many things, so I'll leave room for other people to suggest stuff. Here are 2 of my suggestions, for now.

Acquire an Aggron, and name it Garland, because it will knock you all down.

Also, you must use a Claydol, since you can get those in this game. Either nickname it Eyelaser or HAHAHAHANO.

Speaking of which,

Well, I'm unoriginal and DNA has better ideas than Edison and Tesla combined,
No.

...you know you can get Magnezone in BW2, right? And Sparky looks like it was directly c/p'd from PaX's thread. Have you no originality, sir?

Why did you rip off my CMT?
Because you're a butt
No, you are HauntedWater!
Shut it!
Lol!

For a Dragon type I would get Chop the Haxorus.
(or Ampharos and call it ComeAtMeAfterPokéBank)

If you go for the Water-type starter, Chandelure will be a nice addition. Haunted Fire.

DNA said:
...you know you can get Magnezone in BW2, right? And Sparky looks like it was directly c/p'd from PaX's thread. Have you no originality, sir?

How about...
UFO the Magnezone?

DNA said:

Sparky didn't make it in on the previous one, so why not? If sparky made it I would chose a different name.

Also, I know about Magnezone. Magneton with evolite would probally be a good choice also ;)

Re: Haunted's Black 2 Choose-My-Team

Lol eviolite. No thanks, I have a different way of things. Chandelure is a good suggestion, mostly because you proposed getting Samurott in the end. If I decide on Magnezone, I will probably call it DNA since I know how much of a mancrush he has with it.

If I decide on Magnezone, I will probably call it DNA since I know how much of a mancrush he has with it.
If you're going to go that route, why not just name it Jupiter? Then again, Jupiter's shiny...

I dunno.
Whoever suggested Tepig, you might be in luck. I just destroyed Clay in my pre-run, and now my hatred of grass-types is in full swing. And I am starting to equally hate normal-types. Especially Watchog.
Edit: Yeah, Tepig is in. If Magnemite turns out to be shiny, then Jupiter it is!

Alright, looks like you've already gotten a few suggestions, so let's see if I can think up some good Pokémon to balance out your team.

Vaporeon: Poseidon - Eevees are catchable rather early on in Castelia City, and your team is in need of a good Water-type. My memory of BW2 is spotty, but I think you get a water stone rather early on, too, so you can evolve whenever you wish. Plus, lookit that badass neck thing! How can you not want this guy on your team? Name is THE GOD OF THE SEAS.

Flygon: Tiamat - Flygon provides you with both Dragon- and Ground-typing, both of which you currently lack. You can get Trapinch in the Desert Resort, which is nice. Also Flygon is just a cool dude. <3 Flygon. Name comes from a creator/chaos goddess in Mesopotamian mythology, and has been reprised as a dragon goddess in D&D lore. As such, would be best suited to a female, though it's not exactly a super feminine name, so a male is okay too.

Drifblim: Zeppelin - With a Ghost/Flying typing he brings an interesting addition to your team. Also, it is a giant balloon that steals children and is just all around a cool guy. Comes a bit late in the game, but cool and worth it. Also, if you feel like dicking around with Hidden Grottoes, apparently you can get a Drifloon with its hidden ability in one. Name should hopefully be self-explanatory.

The Flygon is tempting. Though, I may name it Erra if it's a male. Iirc, Erra is a Mesopotamian god of destruction.
As for Vaporeon, I'm iffy. I remember a speed run in Blue where I owned everything in sight with Vaporeon, but I have a distaste towards Eevee.

Good one! I was going to see if I could find a nice male counterpart, but then I got too lazy and I had spent enough time on the post as it was. >.>

You can kind of thank Equinox for the Erra reference.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erra_(god)
Close enough

Also, as far as the Vaporeon thing goes... I was looking on THE INTERNET and there aren't really a whole lot of impressive Water-types in BW2. The only other decent ones, in my opinion, would be Carracosta (decent option, I suppose, since you'll be getting a fossil anyway, and also gives you a rock-typing), Mantine (don't get until rather late), Octillery (again, don't get until late), Starmie (can get Staryu midgameish, I think, and adds a psychic-typing), and Lapras (kind of a pain to get and late-game-ish too, I think). I still think Vaporeon would be a stronger team player than any of them, though I think Starmie or Carracosta would be my second choices, or Octillery if you don't mind waiting.

Also, a God of Pestilence is actually probably rather fitting for Flygon, too, since he's all buggy-looking.

True. A friend let me borrow her Carracosta once, though, and I loved it. I might just go that route instead.
Also because I have no clue how I will be able to play out that evolution process.

RR is awesome for doing this. ^-^ (but expect me to make something better out of White 2. xD)

My suggestions for your team are:

-HW the Jellicent (;P)
and
-Firepower the Magmortar (is it ok? I mean, it requires a trade with Magmarizer but I can help you with that)

Yeah. They suck. I'm an awful person. :3

Back